~ 3 ~

Chapter 3:

We focus in on the room of the waking pair.

(Y/N)'s POV

Waking up, I simply sat with my eyes still closed enjoying the warmth the blanket gave to me.

'I didn't know this place had heated blankets...wait...why is this blanket so heavy?' I thought to myself.

Almost as if my thoughts wanted answers for themselves, my eyes slowly opened adjusting to the bright light only to be met with the sleeping face of Howl.

It seemed that during the night we had moved into a very awkward position, Howl had his hands gently wrapped around my waist, his face only centimeters from mine causing me to blush slightly.

Eyes now adjusted to the light I could only sit in awe staring at Howl's calm sleeping face, brilliantly lit in the warm sunlight that shined through window it seemed as that of an angels, his blond hair perfectly framing his face.

I simply layed there in Howl's arms, not bothering to remove them as I enjoyed the warmth they gave me. Also it's not often you wake up in the arms of a handsome man, I'm truly going to bask in this moment...

It seemed like a few minutes went by when Howl started to stir, the sunlight that shined upon his face waking him.

Once he opened his eyes, blinking a bit to adjust them he looked down at me smiling a bit once he saw I was already awake.

"How long have you been up? Hope I haven't kept you waiting..." He asked me with a deep charming voice.

"Not long, just a few minutes ago...I wanted to wake you but you seemed so peaceful" I told him

"Well, at least I get to wake up to a beautiful sight..." Howl said his features softening as he gazed upon my face.

Blushing a dark red, I gently removed his arms from around me and stood from the bed stretching out my relaxed body before beginning to slide my shoes back on.

"So, Howl, when are we leaving back out? Surely we'll find something to eat before we continue?" I asked him.

"We'll depart soon, but before we go I'll go out and get some food while you stay here" he replied while standing from the bed, the light shining upon his bare chest.

Looking away I felt my face burning a bright red all the way up to my ears.

"C-Could you at least warn me before you stand up wearing l-less clothes than you should!?" I stuttered out still facing away from him.

"Sorry, I didn't think you had a problem with it since you were so close to me in the bed..." He replied while putting on his clothes.

I didn't reply to him, he had a point, I had practically snuggled up to the half naked man without a problem.

"Well, I'll be right back, you can stay here or go and explore. Just be back here in 30 to 45 minutes" Howl told me as he walked towards the door.

"Where are you going?" I asked him curiously.

"To get food, we don't exactly have a kitchen on hand so I can only buy simple things, would bread and cheese be fine?" He asked me over his shoulder as he walked out of the door, and down the hallway.

"Oh, that'd be fine! Don't take to long!" I told him, not hearing his reply as he had already walked away.

"Cause I don't even know where I am..." I murmured to myself.

Grabbing the room key off of the nightstand, I decided to take my chances and walk around outside in the small unknown town.

Locking the door I trekked down the hall, greeting the lady at the front desk before walking outside.