~ 10 ~

Chapter 10:

We open up to our main character once again crossing over a bridge, yet in different circumstances.

(Y/N)'s POV

Once I had successfully made it to the bridge, I stopped to take in the scenery of the empty area.

Stepping one foot on the bridge I temporarily stopped breathing, getting flashbacks to the night prior to this morning.

It had only been one day in this place and I've already been scarred for life. Well, I've gone through worse things...seen worse things.

Walking over the bridge, I stopped at the end and looked back at the bathhouse.

'If only I hadn't gone through so many things already, I might've enjoyed staying at this place for a vacation or something...' I thought to myself, looking at the building from top to bottom.

Once my eyesight reached the bottom however, I saw a black blob creature standing at the middle of the bridge.

"E-Eh?..." I said, remembering the blob creature from last night.

Staring at it in confusion, I went to say something to it only to hear my name being called behind me. Turning around, I noticed it was Haku.

"Oh, Haku, did yo-" I tried to ask him about the creature before being cut off by him.

"Come on, we don't have much time but this is really important" He told me and extended his hand for me to grab.

Deciding to ask him about it later, I grabbed his hand and let him pull me through a tall flower field. Trying to avoid the incoming flowers threatening to smack me in the face like some host club's entryway, we eventually made it to the other side of the flower field.

Looking on at the little pig farm, I became confused as Haku began leading me towards it.

"You must never come here without me, alright?" He told me sternly.

"Okay, but Haku, what're we doing at a pig farm?" I asked him puzzled.

"I have something to tell you" he replied, stopping us in front of a small pen holding a single little piglet.

Internally squealing at the piglet's cuteness, I looked back towards Haku surprised to see his face holding a bit of guilt and sadness, or was it pity?

"Haku...?" I hesitantly asked.

"Before I came to wake you this morning, I went to check on your friends" he said calmly.

"Howl?...Markl? Are they alright? Where are they? Why aren't they here to see me?" I asked him frantically, glancing around to see if I could see them anywhere.

Placing his hands on my shoulders, he used one hand to turn my face towards his.

"You must understand, there was nothing I could do to stop it from happening" Haku told me with a straight face, though his eyes held an immense amount regret.

"Please,... just tell me what happened before I start having a panic attack!" I said, my voice wavering a bit with uncertainty.

Sighing, he turned away from me and looked towards the piglet.

Looking towards the piglet as well, I was surprised to see it run up to the wooden bars of the pen once it noticed us standing there.

Oinking noisily, it stared up at me with it's beady black eyes.

"I'm sorry, but your little companion has been turned into a pig. Yubaba's doing" Haku told me as the piglet began to oink a bit less.

Gasping in shock, I fell down to my knees looking at the little piglet, now discovered to be Markl, through the bars of the pen he was in.