~ 8 ~

Chapter 8:

We focus in on our separated companions in their hiding place.

Key:
(Y/SN)  -  (Your/Second Name)

Howl's POV

Hiding behind a building far from the commotion within bathhouse, Markl and I quietly sat and tried to conjure up a plan to somehow get us in said place without being seen.

"We could build a catapult, and launch ourselves through one of the windows?" Markl suggested.

Our efforts were futile, as expected.

"There has to be some way to get in there..." I said, struggling to come up with a plan.

"There's no way we're ever gonna be able to get inside Master Howl, they're like hounds! One sniff from them and we'd be done for..." Markl sadly stated as he slumped even further on the ground.

"I can't imagine what (Y/N) is going through right now...we have to find someway to get in there and save her! She must be so scared...and she's alone with that Haku guy..." I ranted aloud, the small spark of jealousy beginning to rage within me at the thought of them being alone together.

"Sounds to me like you've got something against Haku for just looking at her, pfft!" Markl laughed causing me to frown slightly.

Huffing in frustration, I leaned back against the wall behind me and tried to clear my thoughts.

"He seemed like a nice person to me though...doesn't seem like he's trying to hurt us. Don't worry master Howl, we'll figure something out" Markl said with a yawn, laying down on the grass.

Moving his head onto my leg so he wouldn't be uncomfortable, I sighed out in frustration.

"I sure hope he is what he seems, and nothing more...it's bad enough we're stuck here" I said to myself, knowing full well that Markl had quickly drifted off to sleep.

'I haven't known you long, (Y/N)...but, believe me when I say I'm not giving you up that easily' I thought to myself, determined to retrieve her and find a way back home.

After glancing around and making sure that if anyone walked by we'd be well hidden, I decided to get some rest and figure things out in the morning.

"Please be alright until then, (Y/N)..." Was my last hopeful whisper to the night before falling into a deep slumber.

(Y/N)'s POV

"You can't be serious!?" I hastily questioned the old witch in front of me, Yubaba.

'She wouldn't really turn me into a pig, would she? Just for asking for a job?' I inwardly panicked.

"Perhaps you'd prefer to be a lump of coal? This is a top quality bathhouse for the spiritsI've got all the workers I need here, and I don't need a scrawny little human to mess things up" Yubaba told me as she sat up in her chair to glare at me.

Looking down at the floor, I balled up my fists as I could feel tears start to gather in my eyes.

'I can't just give up! If Kamaji believes that I can get this job on my own...then by golly, this witch isn't gonna stop me with her silly threats!' I thought to myself determined.

"I need a job here!" I shouted to her as I stomped my foot defiantly.

"Don't start that again..." She told me in a threatening tone, the stray papers around her beginning to float.

"Will you give me a job, please!!" I shouted to her even louder then before, reaching my wits end.

"Don't...say... THAT!!" Yubaba shouted back everything surrounding, and on, her desk area flying off onto the floor.