~ 7 ~

Chapter 7:

We open up inside the spirit world, as our group rushes to safety.

(Y/N)'s POV

As we slowed down to a walk, I began to hear many different voices and the thumping sound of many footsteps.

Looking up over bush, I saw the same bathhouse from earlier.

"There's so many people now... how're we going to get inside without being caught?"

"We'll have to go one by one, follow me" The boy who's name I just recently learned to be 'Haku' spoke before grabbing hold of my hand and pulling me away from the firm grip of Howl.

Walking behind him quickly, Howl and Markle stay behind watching with curious eyes, Haku and I passed through the gate and towards the bridge full of strange beings.

As we neared the bridge, he pulled me closer to him and whispered in my ear.

"You'll have to hold your breath while we cross the bridge, even the tiniest breath will break the spell, and then everyone will see you" He quickly told me before facing forward.

"A-Alright..."

"Welcome! Welcome! Always nice to see you! Welcome back!" A frog creature spoke towards the guests almost robotically.

As we walked by he bowed towards us, or towards Haku, and spoke again robotically.

"Ah! Welcome back, Master Haku"

"Take a deep breath" Haku whispered towards me as we neared the beginning of the bridge.

Following his orders, I took a large intake of air.

As we stepped foot on the bridge he quickly whispered, "Hold it!"

We began our trek across the wide bridge, me holding my breath as I try to keep up with Haku's long strides. They didn't compare to Howl's though, his legs have got quite the height.

As we reached the middle of the bridge, I noticed there appeared to be a black creature standing almost perfectly still with what appeared to be a mask on it's face. It's 'face' followed me before I had to turn around and watch my steps.

'That's weird...it feels like nobody else can see him, he's just standing there...' I thought to myself as I felt my throat clench up, the need for air becoming too strong.

As I smacked my free hand over my mouth to stop it from opening, Haku slightly picked up the pace and whispered in my ear.

"Hang on, almost there..."

We were reaching the end of the bridge, to my relief, and as we were one step away a small frog creature ran up and jumped in our faces.

"Master Haku! Where ya been?" It yelled.

Due to the sudden surprise, and the need for oxygen overbearing, I couldn't help but inhale the sweet sweet air.

The frog, now on the ground, stared at me in shock before shouting aloud, "Wha-A HUMAN!?-"

All too quickly, Haku had trapped the frog creature in a bubble and quickly pulled me away from the bridge full of questioning creatures and through a small doorway.

Once we had gotten out of sight, we appeared to be in a garden of sorts. The shouting of 'Human!' and 'Where's Master Haku!?' could be heard just behind the sliding doors.

"They know you're here" Haku told me before pushing us down behind a bush as someone's shadow could be seen running past the sliding door.

"I'm sorry, that frog surprised me and I couldn't hold it any longer..." I told him, a frown growing on my face.