2

Waking up extra early for my morning swim really helped with the stress I'm under. It was only 7 am so I tried being as quiet as possible going into the condo. When I was in I turned to shut the door without making any noise.

Camila says, "I was wondering where you left to so early in the morning." I let my head drop in disappointment.

I spin around to face her. "Still swim every morning." I slip out of my soaking slippers.

She sets her spatula on the counter and sighs. "I know you do."

"Why wonder then?" I shrug.

"Can we not do this right now?"

"Sure, let's not do this." I walk away, I need to shower and get ready for work. I know I cleared my schedule for her but its obvious we still need space. There's too much to figure out.

Twenty minutes later and I'm fully dressed in a charcoal suit, with my satchel hung around my shoulder. I go into the kitchen and watch her, she's facing the stove doing her best not to burn the pancakes. It makes me smile but then it falters.

I clear my throat, "I'm leaving, I'll be back later." She turns around with a frown on her face.

"Your going to work?" She sounds disappointed. "I was hoping we could spend the day together. I've been gone for three months, you couldn't take the day off?"

I grabbed a green apple from the fruit bowl. "I have a meeting with a important client that I can't miss. But like you said, you've been gone for three months what's one more day without me."

She sighs again, "fine, at least have breakfast."

I hold out my Apple, "I'm not really a breakfast person anymore, I appreciate the effort though." It May sound like I'm being petty but it's actually true, I prefer a big lunch over breakfast.

My wife rolls her eyes at me, "Okay. Please try and come home early, we should talk."

I nod, "I'll try."

I shut the door to our home and let out a deep sigh. I agree it's definitely necessary for us to talk but I also want to avoid it at all cost because it feels like it's something I don't want.

When I get to the office, I notice my secretary is not at her desk. Either she's late or she took the day off because she knew I wasn't supposed to be in the office today. I run into Normani as I walk towards my office which is right next to hers.

"Good morning Lauren." She says as she sips her coffee. Then she turns to look at me surprised, "Lauren what are you doing here?"

I turn to her, "I work here Normani."

She rolls her eyes, "obviously. But Camila's home, you should be spending the entire day reconnecting." She wiggles her eyebrows and winks.

"Are you sure your not some sort of sex addict? Every conversation I've ever had with you always ends or begins with you talking about sex, Add that to the fact that your constantly cheating on Justine. I'm no expert but I think you might have a problem."

She brings her fingers to her chin and begins to rub it. "Hmm... Your still the same asshole, which could only mean that you and Camila didn't have sex. But the real question here is why?" She pauses. "Are you guys having problems?" I don't answer her and instead go into my office but she's right behind me. I sit in my chair and she shuts the door behind her . In a more serious tone now she asks, "what's going on?"

I contemplate not saying anything to her but she's my only friend and frankly I myself don't know what's going on. "Fine, I'll tell you but you can't tell Justine or anyone for that matter."