8

I did my best to avoid thinking about my encounter with the girl from last week. But it was hard when I saw her sitting on the bus bench across from my now old office every day since. Now that I knew she was stalking me, she didn't try to hide it. I found myself considering pressing charges but I couldn't bring myself to even dial the number. It frustrated me to no end the fact that I couldn't do it. I didn't owe her anything and she was making me uncomfortable, I should've been able to easily do it. I lasted until Friday after closing up and saying my final goodbye to my office, instead of getting in my car and going home, I walked towards her and stared her down.

"I don't know what your deal is, but this is your first and final warning leave me alone and go back to Florida. I don't want anything to do with you or your mother." I said in the most level headed tone I could manage.

Her frown deepens and she gets up, "I guess what they say about rich people is true, your all stuck up assholes. Me and mom may not have the kind of money your other family has but unlike them we're your blood! How could you say our mother is dead to you?! Do you have no respect or sympathy for what she has gone through?!"

Something in me snaps, "sympathy?" I repeat my tone darkening, "sympathy? Why would I ever feel any sort of sympathy or respect for that piece of shit of a woman! She may be your mother but she was never mine. No mother puts herself before her child! The fact that we share blood did nothing to stop her from leaving me for dead! I don't know what bullshit story she sold you but it's not at all what you think it is. When she left me, she knew I wasn't safe, she knew I would suffer and yet she had no issue walking away. She chose to only save herself, so yeah to me your mother died that day!" I yell, then I take a moment to calm down "I've lived my life trying to forget my past, the last thing I need is some kid coming around, trying to put together a family that doesn't exist. We may share blood but you are nobody to me and it has nothing to do with money and everything to do with your mother. I don't want to see her, I don't want to know anything about her. She may be the best mom in the world to you but she wasn't to me, so no I won't go to Florida to see her, and no I won't ever forgive her. So leave me alone and go home Taylor."

In tears she whispers, "but we're your real family."

"No Taylor your not, I don't even know you. My real family is my two wonderful, caring and compassionate mothers, and my opinionated and lovable grandfather. I've even started a family of my own, but you and Clara aren't my family no matter how much blood we may share."

She shakes her head like she doesn't understand why I'm saying the things I'm saying. In a way I guess I understand, the Clara she knows is probably a different person than the Clara I once knew. In her mind I'm insulting her version of Clara.

I sigh, "I'm sorry you came all this way with certain expectations but I don't plan on ever changing my mind." I don't wait for a response and walk away.

       Later that night camila and I are in bed and mason is holding himself up by the rail of the crib. With how bad nights get with him we found it easier to move his crib into our room until he can sleep through the night. It's still uncomfortable having him around but at least we aren't sharing a bed anymore. The way he looks at us sometimes makes me wonder what thoughts are in his tiny little head. "What in the hell am I doing with these two cuban chicks?" Or maybe " these two have no clue what they're doing." Couldn't say it better myself Mason.

Camila busily writes in her planner, I try and read some of it but her writing is horrible. At least I know it's all the things she still needs to do for Masons birthday/ welcome home party in three weeks. I've safely avoided having to get involved in helping with the planning, for once I'm glad camila is sort of a control freak.