9

After the party my wife spent the entire night comforting her sister at her parents house while I went home and took care of mason. Thankfully the party tired him out and put him right to bed. Normani tagged along since she was homeless at this point.

She paced my living room, tugging on her hair every so often to remind herself it wasn't a bad dream.

"Why didn't you tell me Dinah would be there?" She picks her head up and asks me.

I stare at her for a few long seconds before I answer. Normally I'd poke fun at her but I'd rather not kick her when she's already down. "You know Dinah  is Camila's sister, which makes her Mason's aunt. It's obvious she'd be here."

"Well I forgot, whenever we hung out we didn't do much talking. I completely forgot she was Camila's sister. I wouldn't have shown up if I'd remembered." She sighs. "What am I going to do?" Her eyes are pleading but it's hard to feel bad for her, she did it to herself. She had to of known that one day Justine would find out.

I shrug, "do you still want to try and work things out with your wife?"

She sits down and lets herself fall back on my couch. "I don't know. Justine and I got married so young, we stared our family so fast. At some point I started to feel like I was missing out on all the fun. I love Justine, she's the mother of my daughters and I will always love her for that but I haven't been in love with her for a long time now. When I realized that I started cheating, I know it was wrong of me but it was my way of having the best of both worlds. One where I could enjoy the company of multiple women and the other where my daughters had the perfect family. I think I should try and fix things with her for them."

I shake my head. "I think that's a bad idea. Fixing your relationship has to do with you and Justine not with your daughters. So if you wanna fix this, it means you wanna be with Justine and only her. If you don't love her, don't force yourself to be with her, only to Continue to hurt her. In the end your daughters will resent you for it. It's better for them to have two happy parents living separate lives than two unhappy parents living together."

She takes a few moments to think things over. I decide to ask again, "do you still want to try and work things out with your wife?"

She sighs, "no." , "no I don't."  She begins to get emotional, I assume any normal person would hug her in this moment but not me. I hesitate but eventually pat her shoulder a few times.  "I'm going to lose everything." I'm not sure if she meant her family or if she meant the house and the cars and money. "I should probably find a good lawyer."

"I really don't think it's necessary, Justine is a level headed woman. She wouldn't make a big fuss." I assure him.

She shakes her head, "she's never found out I've had multiple affairs, who knows what she's going to do."

Okay she has a point. "Maybe, but even so you shouldn't jump the gun. Give her some space and when she's calm and ready. You'll work everything out."

"I guess your right, I should probably book myself into a hotel." She says pulling out her phone.

"Good idea, it wouldn't be a good thing for camila to see you here."

———

         Camila came home early in the morning. I was thankful to see her because I had no idea what I was going to feed mason. I'm not really sure I could've made breakfast without burning some if not most of the food.  She was still mad at me for something I didn't do. She showed it by pretending I didn't exist which I honestly didn't mind considering I knew later today I'd be getting an earful.