3

I felt like I was in the middle of a bad movie, shock and completely blindsided.

"Have you guys filed already or is this something you just decided on?" Elena asked.

I look over at camila for answers because like everyone else I know nothing. She looks completely at ease, "We just paired up with an agency and are at the beginning stages of the process." Wow, good to know.

"This is so exciting sweetheart." Sinu squeezed camila.

Everyone seemed excited about the news, except for maybe one person.

My moms hugged me. "We are so excited for you."

I force myself to smile and say, "Thank you."

Alejandro holds up his glass of whiskey, "lets toast to the wonderful news."

"What wonderful news are we toasting too?" Dinah, Camila's younger sister asks. Nobody loves being late to everything more than Dinah does.

Damian turns back to look at her, "Lauren and Camila are adopting."

Confused she asks, "a puppy?"

Camila adds, "no a child."

Her face looked like what I assumed mine looked like moments earlier. Totally Surprised. "OMG!" She ran over and pulled Camila into a tight hug and rocked side to side. "I'm so happy for you Mila."

Camila's facing away from me but I can only assume she's smiling. "Thanks Dinah, we're really excited."

Pulling away but still holding her Dinah asks, "So am I getting a niece or a nephew?"

Camila shrugs, "That is still up in the air but we're open to either."

"Ahh! I cant wait!"

Camila and Dinah are only a year apart in age and have been the best of friends since their parents brought dinah home with them when she was three years old. During camila's birth sinu had complications and had to have a hysterectomy, But they wanted at least one more child so they turned to adoption. Dinah was born in a small village in Tonga and was abandoned by her mother in the dumpster of a hospital. She was only two days old when they put her in an orphanage. Cut to three years later when her parents adopted her. Now she's 24 but still acts like a child sometimes.

Dinah and I used to be really close, I actually met her two years before I met camila because when we moved to the Hamptons, Camila was abroad for her first year of college. Although dinah and I have completely different personalities we had the whole adopted kid in common. Whenever she was dealing with emotions her family couldn't understand she'd talk to me about it. I treated her like a little sister and looked out for her. Then when  camila moved back home and we started dating dinah and I grew apart, to the point that we don't really talk anymore. Obviously we're family so we talk but it's nothing like it used to be.

Like her older sister, dinah didn't have much interest in the family business, and she had an even smaller interest in a college degree. When her mom's friend threw a charity fashion show, dinah modeled and walked the runway and she hasn't stopped ever since. She's recently gotten into acting so she spends her time between NY and California. While Dinah wanted to be in front of the lens Camila preferred to be behind it. She loved the concept of capturing moments and being able to look back at them. People, places, things, you name it Camila wanted a photo of it. Something else Camila loved was exploring, she wanted to travel the world and see everything. And it was something she could do with the trust fund her grandfather left her. While Camila inherited money, Damian inherited a very expensive collection of classic cars and Dinah inherited a pricey condo in Milan, Italy and a villa in the south of France.