Chapter 6

6

"Alright, lassie, bend yer knees a bit, ye're tying to throw a punch, not audition fer a ballet recital," Kiel commanded and after bending my knees some, I threw a hard right to the punching bag in front of me. It swayed back an inch or so but other than that, nothing really happened.

"C'mon, lass, ye gotta put more umph into it," Kiel insisted and I tried again.

Hardly anything.

I cursed loudly, kicking at a random ant hill. We were standing outside with nearly twenty other vamps, training for the up and coming rescue on saturday night. It was Tuesday evening now and I could hardly throw a decent punch. I was screwed and I knew it.

"Maybe we should focus on yer self defense. Noel!" A lean boy dressed head to toe in black who had been watching the training from the back porch stood and jogged over. He looked me over with bright hazel eyes, stopping to linger on my chest longer than I would've liked. His mouth lifted at one corner in a small smirk. "Christie needs ta learn some self defense. I need ye ta grab her from behind. Pretend ye're gonna kill her."

"With pleasure," Noel chuckled and moved behind me. I tried hard not to tense as I felt his eyes on me. It was like having a case of the creepy crawlies. Before I could react he had grabbed a fist full of my hair in his powerful grip and pulled me back against him, angling my head enough so he had a clear shot at my neck. With his free had he clamped it around my waist, restricting my arms' movements from the elbow up. I struggled against his hold, trying not to wince too much or make any pathetic whimpering sounds at the pain in my skull. One follicle after another I could feel my hair being slowly ripped out. It was horrible.

"Alright, Christine," I heard Kiel continue on. "Now, how do you get out of this?"

Noel tightened his grip, yanking my head to the side more roughly. I could feel his hot breath on my neck. Purely sickening.

I thought back to all the other fights I had been in, all the times I had had my hair yanked. There were plenty, especially not with Chelsea in my life, but I've hardly ever been pinned like this. It was even more rare that a boy was pinning me. Their grip was much harder to break out of than a girl's.

So I did the only thing I could think of.

His mouth nearly on my neck, my back pressed tightly against his chest, I twisted my arm around, slipping it between us as best as I could, and, grabbing the sensitive flesh between his legs, I squeezed hard. Noel let out a small shriek and immediately released me, instead focusing all his energy on prying my hands away. Every time he yanked at my hands I tightened my grip.

"Not so hot now, are you?" I chuckled over his pitiful whines.

He glared at me, the glare that told me that he wanted to hit me. I smiled a cheeky smile back at him.

"Well, tha's one way t' go about it," Kiel murmured, rubbing his stubbled jaw. "But ye won't always be goin' against a man, Christine. Ye won't be able to pull that move against another lass."

"Well, I guess," I replied and released my hold on Noel's jewels. He dropped to his knees, holding his crotch, and groaned loudly, his head pressed against the dirt.

"Ah, c'mon, Noel," Kiel grinned. "Back on yer feet, we're not finished yet.

Cursing and griping, Noel climbed back to his feet, though with difficulty.

"Alright, now wrap yer arms about her once more." Hesitantly, Noel did so. "Now, Christine, I want ye to remember, whenever ye're in a situation like this I want ye to ram your elbow into ye're opponent's side. Now show me- but lightly. I don't want ye to damage poor Noel beyond repairin'."