➳there is no future

ii. there is no future

16 years, four months and fourteen days ago.

"diana!" elijah called for his sister. elijah wasn't like her, he was ordinary. elijah was amazed by his older sister, spending hours at a time begging her to jump around different the areas of their house as he ran around trying to find where she had disappeared to. "no elijah, i told you al-" before diana could even fight her little brother about it, he was whining about how he just wanted her to it this once. that was something he said everytime. the 13 year old girl let out a huff and rolled her eyes at her 8 year old brother. "fine. close your eyes." diana let out a defeated sigh. this was something else that always happened, she always gave in. diana loved her brother and would do anything to keep him happy but also to keep his whining at bay. elijah followed his older sisters orders, squeezing his eyes shut as hard as he possibly could. in reality, elijah didn't need to close his eyes, it was all for dramatic affect.

diana let out a small giggle before using her powers to appear at the bottom of the staircase. "catch me if you can." diana yelled making sure that the younger boy could hear her. she received confirmation from her brother that he had heard her when the harmonious sound of laughter could heard throughout the house. elijah appeared at the top of the stairs, a small spreading across his face. the boy ran down the stairs, "found yo-"  before little elijah could finish her sentence, diana was gone again.

"oh elijah!" diana's voice called out, a sense of mockery in there. elijah appeared and found his sister sitting on the sofa waiting for him. diana giggled and smirked at her brother. "see ya later alligator." diana jumped once again, sending elijah into another fit of laughter. elijah ran through the house calling out for diana but he couldn't find her. she was gone. "diana!" elijah began to grow worried and rightfully so. 

diana's smile faded as she ended up somewhere that seemed so familiar yet so unfamiliar. everything was gone. buildings burnt to the ground and not a person in sight. "mom? elijah?" diana yelled repeatedly, looking for any sign of her family. her worry increasing when she was met with silence. the area around her appeared to be where her house typically stood but it was gone. diana fell to her knees looking through the rubble, there had to be something that gave her a clue as to where she was. then she saw it. a newspaper. diana lurched forward to grab it, reading the headline. "death of sir reginald hargreeves..." what? surely diana would've heard about something so important to her. diana scanned the date, finding it in the top corner. march 28th 2019. diana's face screwed up into confusion. was she in the future? 

diana dropped the paper and scrambled to her feet. she had to get back. diana channeled all the power into a spatial jump as she possibly could but she was too weak. she couldn't do it. tears fell from diana's eyes. she was stuck, there was no way out of this. diana ran through the streets looking for a sign. anything would do. "help!" diana was screaming at the top of her voice, repeating the one word over and over again. diana had tears streaming down her face, she had never been alone before. she wasn't prepared. 

diana fell to the ground, she felt hopeless. why was she here? she served no purpose here. through muffled sobs, diana could've sworn she could hear footsteps approaching. but how was that possible? diana had been sitting with her knees to her chest and her head buried in her knees. diana raised her head slowly, narrowing her eyes and watching as a figure came her way. diana scrambled to her feet. she wasn't alone, there was another. it was boy, one that had to be around her age. he seemed to be in just as much distress as she as. but a wave of recognition washed over her. the uniform was all to familiar. five.

if you enjoyed this chapter, please consider voting and leaving a comment ❤