➳no place like home

iii

iii. there's no place like home

November 22, 1963

after quite a lot of haggling with the handler, she gave in. it was obvious how much she wanted five to join this and it was clearly the only reason she allowed diana to join too. the pair joined the commission as partners but diana would have to prove herself. she was obviously the weaker one and she hadn't even gained full control over her power yet. the day she disappeared, she was attempting to form another spacial jump but something went wrong, she miscalculated and did something she didn't even know was possible. she travelled through time.

the commission enlisted them as hitmen. they were to take down anyone who tampered with the course of time. que sera sera. make sure what was supposed to happen would happen. diana hated it. the idea of killing people made her sick to her stomach, especially killing people who were innocent and just got in their way. working for the commision was way worse than being stuck in the future. diana prayed every night that something would bring an end to her service there but she signed a contact. she had quite some time left with the commission.

five had taught diana how to control her power over the years. now knowing the difference between her spacial jumps and jumping through time, diana became a force to be reckoned with. she was stronger than she ever was and she took out more people than she could count. the commission recognised her as an asset rather than a liability. five was still very much protective of diana. he was quite fond of diana but he'd never truly tell her how he felt, five mantained his stoic personality throughout their time together. diana never truly knew what was going through five's head while they were together. but even after all this time, she was still determined to find out who five really was.

but diana knew what five was up to, he was trying to find a way home. she had seen all the equations written all over vanya's book. the two of them were at the assaination of john f. kennedy. there as no question in diana's mind of who did it or how it was done anymore, she knew exactly how it went down. five had been acting extremely strange the past few days- stranger than usual. the only conclusion diana could come to way that he was going to put his plan into motion in the coming days. diana and five were hidden behind a fence hidden the trees, a radio propped on the fence tuned into a station detailing the current stance of the president. five was behind the gun on this particular occasion. taking out the president of the united states was something that diana was still trying to wrap her head around. it was huge. but diana kept trying to remind herself that this was supposed to happen. que sera sera. diana listened intently to the radio. it was almost time, five was to pull the trigger any moment now.

but something quite unexpected happened. five lowered the gun. he was gonna do it today, he was breaking his contract. "five, what ar-" diana was cut off by five motioning for her to be quiet as he took out his sister's book. "five, you can't go! i know what you're doing, i saw the math! there's something off with the equations!" five let out a small sigh. "diana. we can do this. together." diana's eyebrow shot upright. we? was he insane? five huffed at diana's expression. "look. i'm not strong enough to do this on my own. don't you wanna see your family again?" diana's heart skipped a beat slightly. elijah, her mother. she'd do anything just to see them once more. "okay."

despite knowing that something was going to go wrong, it was a risk diana had to take. she needed to see them again even if they had given up hope on her, she refused to give up on them. five extended a hand to diana. diana grabbed his hand and following his equations, they began to generate as much power as possible. in front of them, it was almost as if a black hole opened in front of them, but rather it was a blue hole. five pulled diana out of the way as a fire extinguisher was hurled at them through the passage. upon further inspection, diana could see 5 other individuals standing staring up into the hole. her gaze turned to five who was watching them too. they had to be his family. five met diana's gaze, giving her a nod. "let's do this, diana." upon five's orders the two of them starting pushing through the portal. they kept pushing and pushing, until they eventually fell.

diana let out a small scream as she fell to the ground and the sound of what seemed like thunder faded. "does anyone else see little number five and some girl, or is that just me?" diana scrambled to her feet, her eyes landing on an obvious crackhead before they found five. it was the kid she stumbled upon 45 years ago when they both ended up in the future. diana's eyes attempted to scan herself, the dress that she was wearing to fit into 1960's society was loose and she had shrunk a good few inches. five's attention turned to diana as the both of them stared at each other with wide eyes. "shit." diana rolled her eyes. "i fucking told you." the bloody math.

if you enjoyed this chapter, please consider voting and leaving a comment