𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

"Bloodroot!" Yelled a dark purple dragon. "Yes Carnation?" The dark red dragon asked, walking into the room. "Look." Bloodroot followed her talon to were she was pointing. "Yes what about the eggs?" Carnation frowned at him and rolled her eyes. "Their hatching!" His face lit up, just staring at the four eggs in the small nest just made his heart want to explode. His own offspring! Hatching already! He smiled brightly looking at the eggs. "Oh my goodness, your right!" And saw a small crack and quiver coming from the pale white egg.

"Oh, how I wonder how they'll look like. They must be gorgeous." Then Bloodroot realized with a jolt. That they never thought of names! "Have you come up with their names already? Because I don't remember you and me talking about it in particular."

 Carnation laughed a little. "No, not yet I want to name them on how they look a bit, because some other Flowerwing mothers I know named their dragonets after what flowers they grow on them. And I thought that was a brilliant idea!" 

"Ooh, that is a good idea!" Then he watched as a little head poked out of a cracking eggshell. "How beautiful is she!?" Carnation said and went to go grab the small dragonet and put her in her arms.  Bloodroot nuzzled his mate. What beautiful daughter. Then he noticed movement from the pale yellow egg. A small pale red dragonet crawled out of it, and gazed right at Bloodroot. Then the egg to the corner of the nest cracked until a dragonet with the pattern of a fox crawled out. It got the pale red dragonets attention, and she sat down and squeaked quietly. 

"Why don't we name them after that pale purple one hatches." Bloodroot said, looking at the Fox patterned one. Carnation put the white dragonet she had on her arms with the others in the nest while she gazed proudly at the dragonets. All of the sudden the last egg to hatch cracked slowly. And a small purple dragonet crawled out. The dragonet sat down and rolled over, making small squeaking noises.

"Now that they've all finished hatching let's name them now." Bloodroot said, and he picked up the white dragonet. "What should we name this one?" He asked. "What about Moonflower? Those flowers do remind me of the ones growing on her." Carnation said while stroking the white dragonets head. He looked at the dragonet cheerfully. "I agree. That name suites her perfectly! And he put her back in the nest.

Carnation picked up the fox patterned one. "Let's name this one foxglove, like the flowers all over him." She said. "Ooh! I like that one!" He said, and nuzzled his mate again. Then Bloodroot picked up the pale red dragonet "I think it's quite obvious that we're naming this one rose." He put her gently in the nest with the others. "Ha! Yes that name is perfect!"  

Carnation picked up the last dragonet. The dragonets pale purple talons touched Carnations nose. She nuzzled his nose with hers. "This one looks like an aconite to me" she said, and put him in the nest with his brother and sisters. "I hope they'll grow up to be just like us" carnation said, and leaned closer to her mate. "I hope so." He said "I hope so."