4:: Reunion

Chapter4 :: dtd 08.03.2019

Guys please do respond.
🙏

"Khushi?"

"Hai Arnav." Khushi waved at him only to be engulfed in a bear hug.

Arnav felt like he got his oxygen after decades. Her fragrance, the warmth, the peace, the serine emitting from her,  everything is the same.
He chuckled, cried, and tightened the hug. Khushi was his best friend. With her, it was always different.  A friendship that began from a debate stage didn't take much time to turn out into a deep friendship. Both were from a middle-class background. They stayed together only one year in college, but that was more than enough to bind them for life. Khushi always wanted to be a doctor. But her financial conditions didn't let her study in management colleges. Khushi wrote medical entrance twice under various universities. And she became third time lucky. But the college she chose uprooted her from north to south India. She was the only child of her parents. So entire family shifted to the South for her studies. Her medical studies kept her busy and Arnav's part-time job and his college kept him busy. Before they realized it,  they completely lost contact. That one year brought many changes in their lives.

Now after 8 years they meet. And the 7-year child of Arnav surprised Khushi. She thought to ask the questions for later. First, she wanted to console her too emotional best friend.

" Hey Arnav" she patted his back. "I can't breathe."
He broke the hug and pushed her slightly. Wiped his face and looked around. He saw Arush gawking at him. He understood what he did and realized he never acted this emotional or ever cried before Arush.

He kneels before Arush inspecting him. Before Arnav could start his scolding session, Arush cut him.

"Dad, I am fine. It's just a small cut. You don't need to get hyper over it. Even Khushi Aunty said I am fine. Am I not, Aunty?" Arush asked Khushi.

"Yes, of course, champ. It's nothing to worry about." She caressed Arush 's cheeks. Arush smiled at her in response.

"Arnav you can take him home. He is alright just change the dressing day after tomorrow."

"Okay. Thanks. "He said without looking at Khushi.
"Arush let's leave."

"Huh?"Arush and Khushi got surprised at Arnav's behaviour. They looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders.  Arnav picked up Arush and went out of her cabin without a word.

"Dad we didn't pay the bill." Arush reminded him.
"She can do at least that for me." Khushi heard Arnav's reply to Arush.

What the hell happened to him? A minute before he was hugging me like his life depends on it and then did not even look my way. Then, he left my cabin without even a 'Bye'.  Above that, do I have to pay the bill? How arrogant! Ungrateful fellow.
Let me get a hold of you Raizada, I am gonna reshape that handsome face of yours.

She took up the directory and searched for AR Industries' number and called the reception.

That day evening. RM

The phone rang. DaiMa answered the phone. It was the security.
"DaiMa Ji, there is a young woman here. To meet Arnav Sir. She showed her ID. Dr.Khushi Gupta. From City Hospital."

"Ok send her in. "
When the bell rang DaiMa opened the door. She was met with the sight of a beautiful young woman who had a charming smile.