A conversation heard from the stoop.

We break apart and she looks at everyone in the room. Tears glistening in her eyes. She forces out the words.

"I think you all should leave."

"Yeah. That would be for the best."

Everyone walks towards the door when she speaks up.

"Sawyer! Wait. Stay for a little bit. I want to apologize."

"I should probably go." He says turning back towards the door.

"Sawyer please!"

He slowly closes the door and faces her.

"Sawyer. I'm so sorry. I didn't know how to tell you."

"You could've told me."

"I'm sorry. It's-it's just that I love you. I am just not in love with you anymore. I don't know what happened. I'm sorry"

"No. It's fine now that I know that. It would've been better and less hurtful if you told me."

"I know. Just how do you tell someone who's in love with you that you don't feel the same way."

"I'm glad you told me."

"So, you aren't mad and hate me completely?"

"I mean, of course, I'm miffed, but no. I do not hate you completely."

"Maybe, we weren't supposed to date. Maybe, this it, the sign that we are meant to be with other people."

"Yeah, maybe."

"Does this mean-"

"Yeah. I think it's for the best though."

"Can we stay friends, because that's gonna make rehearsal really awkward," I say with a light laugh.

"Yeah." Sawyer returns the laugh and envelopes me in a light hug.

"Friends?"

"Friends."