Acceptance

~60's POV~
My mind was clouded with confusion and a very unsettling feeling formed in my chest.
I felt like the room closed in on me and there was no way to escape, trapped in my own thoughts and feelings that I didn't understand.

"Connor!"

I snapped out of it. My focus went straight to the man sitting beside me, petting my palm trying to calm me down.

"My name is not Connor..... It's 60..."
I answered, my voice becoming shaky as I continued to stare at the jacket. The longer I stare the more I remember everything that happened every single detail and every single situation I've been through up to this point. I started to shake at the thought of what I did just a few days ago. The look on that little girl face when I went to pull the trigger. The words Amanda said when I return to CyberLife in a new model....and a failed mission. I'm a monster. What was I thinking? What is wrong with me? I'm unstable. Worthless. A disappointment. A murderer. An outcast.
Tears started to form in my eyes as all the emotions I had built up inside pour out.

I was scared, Alone, and misunderstood.

"It's not my fault"
I cried

"It's not my fault, I'm sorry!"

The man looked over at the Android Chloe and gave her a soft nod as she did the same, looking back at me. I noticed his hands slowly inching its away too his phone as the Chloe grabbed my arm.

I started to panic a bit, trying to move my hand from her grasp as I could see my memory flash before my eyes.
'Is she... probing my memory?'
I asked myself, not realizing that I stopped resisting and she saw... everything.

"Elijah.... He isn't lying... He's mentally broken" Said Chloe.

I look at her then at him becoming terrified of what he was going to do. If he turns me in I'll be deactivated in a Heart beat. I don't want to be deactivated.

His hand slowly moved away from the phone as he glared at me.
"Take him to my room...then I need you to come back" he damanded pointing to the Chloe who probed my memory.

I didn't know if I could trust them at all. I quickly scoot away from them as I gave them a dark glare. Not wanting to seem to vulnerable and weak. The Chloe did nothing but give me a soft, cute smile as she placed her hand on mine.
"It's going to be okay... I've got you" she said softly. Her voice very sweet sounding. Almost sounding like she felt sorry for me.

I batted my eyes before standing, looking around the room as I slowly followed Chloe. Looking back at Elijah as I left the room.

As I reached Elijah's room my jaw nearly dropped. It was huge. The bed was a navy blue, the sheets made out of silk and the blanket made out of pure cotton. He hand a hug T.V. to the right of the room then a large class door/ window that covers the back wall of the room, leading to his balcony.
"Very nice.." I muttered looking around, dropping on the bed. Sudden I felt a hand on my shoulder. I glanced up to see Chloe who still had the same sweet smile on her face.
"You are not who you think you are...don't let her decide your fate, this is your life...make decisions that impact you because you are alive... We all are"
"Thanks...Chloe"
I was kind of speechless at her comment, not expecting a single soul to show me empathy or any type of consern. Which was oddly lovely to hear her say such a thing.

She nodded as she turned and left the room, gently closing the doors behind her.
I laid down on the bed my arms spread across it as I looked up at the ceiling. So many thoughts passing through my mind, both negative and positive. I wanted to forget. I wanted to forget everything I've done. Maybe getting deactivated isn't-...
I cut my mind off right there as I tried to focus on something else. I look over at the TV and turn it on.

"Today on channel 2 action news the Detroit Police department are still devastated from the massacre that occurred a few days ago with multiple adults and children injured by an unstable Android who claims to be'accomplishing his mission'. Many say that this Android must be deactivated once found and others believe it already perished in it's 'escape'. It was noted that the Android jumped off a 30 ft cliff into the ocean with many rocks and rumble below. The department claimed to have looked and found nothing but theory mm and floating damaged parts which isn't enough information to tell if the criminal is confirmed dead. Leading to the question that everybody is asking, is he alive and if so most importantly where has he gone? This is channel 2 action news and we will be back after these messages-"

I quickly turn off the TV breathing heavily, clinging onto my chest as I looked down at my feet. I scooted to the headboard of the bed leaning against it as I hugged myself.
small and soft cries escaped my lips as tears streamed down my cheeks.

A soft knock echoed through the room as I looked up at the door. Elijah was leaning against it looking at me. His face seeming a lot more soft and caring than it was before.

"I-im sorry, I di-"
He shushed me as he walked over to the bed sitting next to me.
"You didn't find the emergency exit in time.... Amanda had Cyberlife try to corrupt your functions which caused you to do that."
He said pointing at the TV, obviously referring to what I could only assume we both heard from it.

"Your in some deep shit kid... Now I'm not going to turn you in to the fuzz, but..." You let out a large sigh as he rub the back of his neck.
"You can't stay here.... At least not for too long. They will eventually find you and there will be nothing I could do. I will tell you this though, I will do whatever I can keep you safe but when that time comes, you'll be on your own for the time being. Okay?"

"Thank you.....I-i don't know what to say I....." Words cannot express how relieved and happy I felt at that moment. Almost made me happy to be alive..

"A thank you is fine enough." He smiled genuinely pulling me into a hug.

I felt my thirium pump skip a beat at the sodden contact. Hesitating for a second I hug back as tears began to stream down my face again holding the human tight lie as I began to sob.
He repeatedly rubbed my back and whispered only words soft and reassuring words to me which made me feel strange. Not in a bad way but in a way that I never felt before. It made me feel... Loved.