Bloody Mary

Bloody Mary is a classic scary game where players try to summon the ghost of Bloody Mary in a bathroom mirror. All you need to call Bloody Mary is a lit candle and a bathroom you can go into by yourself. To get the most out of the game, invite your friends over so you can play together and tell each other what you see in the mirror. Don’t forget to turn off all the lights!

1. Decide who’s going to call Bloody Mary first.

If no one volunteers, play a quick game to decide who it will be. Flip a coin or play rock, paper, scissors. Whoever loses goes into the bathroom first.

2. Go into the bathroom when it’s your turn and turn off the lights.

Close the door behind you so it’s completely dark. Make sure no one followed you in. You have to be alone when you call Bloody Mary.

·Place a candle on the sink in front of the mirror and light it.

·Don't have a bathroom you can play in? Try summoning Bloody Mary in another dark room with a mirror.

3. Look into the mirror and say “Bloody Mary” 3 times. 

Keep your eyes open when you’re saying it. Make sure you speak slowly and clearly so Bloody Mary can hear you. Then wait for her to appear in the mirror.

·No one knows for sure, but some people say Bloody Mary looks like a scary old witch.

4. Spin around in a circle 3 times if Bloody Mary doesn’t appear.

Spinning might make her show up. After you spin around 3 times, stop and look in the mirror to see if she’s appeared. If she's still not there, try spinning in the other direction.

5. Blow out the candle and leave the bathroom.

Tell your friends about what you saw in the mirror. Send the next person in to call Bloody Mary!