The Librarian Ritual

'The Librarian' is the term given to an entity which appears under a very strict and specific set of rules. No one knows exactly what it is or why it appears under the conditions it does. However, I do know one thing for certain, that it has a higher chance of appearing in a library.

If you ever decide to attempt this ritual (NOT RECOMMENDED), be sure to properly follow the rules. Failing to do so will enrage The Librarian and you can be certain that the results will not be pleasant.

You will need:

*Thirteen candles.

*A book which centers around some ideology which led to the death of people. This could be the idea from a religion’s holy book to anything else. It must, however be the cause for a killing or mass killing of historical significance. If not, then at the very least, the ritual won’t work. At worst, it will be seen as an insult to The Librarian.

*A quill. It can be from any bird as long as it’s a feather that you can write with.

*Drops of your own blood, enough to write with and to draw a circle.

*A small desk or table.

*A sharp knife, good enough to pierce through the book.

*Matches.

*A handgun with two or more rounds of ammunition. If you’re with people, then they must individually see to the requirements for themselves. Keep in mind that this ritual can be done in any space, from 12AM to 4AM. It hasn’t been observed to happen at any other time. If you choose to carry this out then it is advised that you do it with a group of people, for safety reasons.

Carrying out the ritual:

Step 1: Find a spacious area with many exits so that you can escape easily if anything goes wrong during the proceedings of ritual.

Step 2: Place the candles in a circle in the center of the room and light each one with a six second delay after lighting the last one.

Step 3: Position the desk or table in the center of the circle.

Step 4: Place your book of choice on the desk or table.

Step 5: Take the quill and draw a large circle with your blood on the first page of the book.

Step 6: Write your name (or names) clearly within the circle of blood.

Step 7: This is where you must ask boldly, ‘What is the most powerful weapon?’ ‘Knowledge’ will be heard echoing through the halls, room or space, depending on where you are. It is believed that this is The Librarian’s answer to your question.

Step 8: Stab the book where you drew the circle. Ensure that your names are touched by the incision.

You will not be able to see The Librarian but you will feel the cold pressure of its presence. You may see a shadow from the corner of your eye. There is no need to look because if The Librarian has appeared, then it has already deemed you worthy. You’ll only ever truly see The Librarian if it wants to attack you.

After feeling the presence, extinguish all of the candles and burn all of the materials that you used, including the desk and the book, for they are now cursed.

As a result of the ritual, you will have an enhanced mental capacity beyond most. You’ll be on par with the most blessed and sharpest minds. The catch is, by doing this ritual, you have signed a blood contract with The Librarian. You will feel its presence wherever you go. On hot summer days you will cast two shadows and on long winter nights it will loom over you, unseen but present. Other people will not notice this and you will likely be driven insane by it.

This will apply to all the participants of the ritual. Remember, you must NEVER contact each other after performing it.

Oh, and you must’ve guessed by now that the handgun is to be used only if something goes wrong. If The Librarian decides to attack you, then by all means, do not hesitate to shoot it. If a single round has no effect, then the rest of the rounds are for you, for death is preferable to what it does to its victims.

NOTE: As many of you may already know, blood in a ritual can be used as a binding contract, which is why such rituals should be generally avoided. I’ve noticed that several rituals casually throw in the use of blood without mentioning the true consequences of it. Whether this is meant to lure in an unsuspecting individual or if it’s a result of just plain ignorance, is up for debate. I like the fact that this particular ritual clearly states the consequences of attempting it. Consequences, that should be enough to discourage most, in spite of the reward it promises. Regardless of whether this works or not, I wouldn’t recommend trying it out.