Raegon

What would be his first thought upon finding the house in shambles, finding me gone. Would he recognize my ashes? I hoped not....How many possibilities would go through his mind before he reached reality? I cough again as I felt the heat starting to reach me, making my skin sting.

I could only hope that one day he would forgive me. I felt the wind start to blow causing the fire to only grow and make me burn.

"She's burning!"

"Yeaaaaahh!"

"Burn you evil bitch!" The cheers for my death slowly drowned out of my mind as I was losing such desire to listen to them. I closed my eyes once more, trying to turn my head away from the fire. I could feel it trying to sear through my closed eye lids.

I felt a familiar presence but didn't have it in me to aknolage it. "Wait?! What the hell are you doing?!" I hear the priest call out.

"Get down from there!" Seconds later the ropes were ripped from my wrists and a pair of familiar arms were wrapped around me. Immediately I felt the close sense of comfort that I had been missing as I realized whose touch this was. Instantly I reached up gripping the clothing on his chest as I felt his arms pull me closer.

"Raegon..." I whisper hoarsely. On his left arm the jacket he was wearing was burnt all the way up to his upper arm. Must of been where he reached into the flames to free me.

"I said get down from there!" The priest yelled at him as he heads to the platform with four other men behind him.

He pays no mind to the men walking towards us. "Ciri..." He whispers pressing his forehead gently to mine. "I'm sorry..."

"Who dares interrupt god's work?! Get away from the witch now!" He continues walking as he finally reaches the platform but does not change his pace.

Raegon tears his face away from mine, his eyes causing the men to freeze in place, seeing the look he was giving them. His eyes bore the color of blood, as I could feel the anger pulse through his skin. As soon as his tender self came... it left, his rage turning red as the aura around him turned darker. His body turned tense, his calm and relaxed self no more.

"How dare you." He snarled out. His voice was darker then usual, anger emanating through his every word. The crowd turned silent. The atmosphere in the square had turned from violent to fear as soon as he spoke. My breathing was ragged as I struggled to catch my breath, something I was sure he was well aware of.

Once Maggart see's Raegon's face his expression turns angry. "You..." The recognition on Maggart's face clear. He only needed to see him once to remember who he was, never forgetting the face of a demon.

"If not for the woman in my arms I would slaughter you all." Raegon's voice was serious, laced with patches of anger. His red eyes scan over the crowd momentarily. "All of you." Before going back to Maggart. Pieces of his black hair falling into his face, but that didn't make the look Raegon was giving him any less intimidating.

There was a moment of silence, the only sound the raging fire behind us. Raegon shielded me from the heat despite how close we were still standing to it as the fire was nearly touching the sky.

"I'm afraid that your empty threats will do nothing here demon." Raegon smirked, feeling humor tugging at the corners of his lips. He thought it both humorous and stupid that the priest clearly had no idea what he had done, and what fate was awaiting him. He would make sure he would be the first to die. Despite this idiotic humor being given his anger held firm. I could see his demon instincts starting to rise, as his features grew sharper.

"Raegon....please don't..." I whisper, my hand grabbing a fistful of his shirt. My voice caused a small change in his dominating presence but he did not back down from the men in front of him.

"Please..." I whisper my voice quiet, wishing I could sway his decision. He seemed to be thinking for a moment. His body was stiff and rigid, I knew he was tense. As much as he wanted to kill them Raegon quickly realized where his concerns should be. My safety was the only thing right now holding him back. He was sure a battle with humans would be trivial, but I did not need to see that bloodshed. He knew this. His dark eyes looked away from the priest to look down to my body, curled into this chest.

A low growl emanated from him as he spoke next. "On behalf of my wife's kindness I give you this one grace. If you value your lives then stay out of mine. Pursue us and I will not show this generosity again." Before they could even respond I felt our bodies leave the ground, holding me tightly in his arms. I unconsciously gripped onto him tighter.

He jumped high enough to move over the entire crowd, and once his feet hit the ground on the other end of the square he started to run. He moved faster than any other human or animal could, running inhumanely fast away from them before he decided otherwise.