Chapter 23: With Every Dusty Drought...

[Normal POV]

Ryu's eyes widen suddenly as a shadow appears over the two children. Manami blinks confused at the look on Ryu's face. She turns to look up at the shadow above her. Ryu and Manami let out a loud scream in unison.

"MANAMI! RYU!" The teacher yells as she rushed towards where they were. Her eyes widen when the school yard is shown completely empty.

"Manami! Ryu!" The teacher yells, "Somebody! HELP!"

A fast rock theme begins. "I cut right through the wreckage and look onto the sunset!" Izuku is shown in his younger years walking in the hallways of UA. "Eternity I'm flying! Singing Right into the Sky!" Yumiko is shown in her younger years looking up as Izuku walks past her. "I can't live with regret!" Izuku stops beside her and they flash to their adult forms. "Can't Fade!" Izuku is shown turning to look at Yumiko. "Won't Break!" Yumiko looks over when Manami rushes over to her and she picks Manami up and the two are shown spinning around as Yumiko's wings spread out behind her. "Live for tomorrow with our might! We'll fight on! Once again!" Izuku is shown turning to face a villain as he steps in front of Yumiko and Manami protectively and the title flashes in front of them. "Seeking out... all the lies that I've been told." Light flashes as the music sort of slows down and Manami is shown sitting in her preschool class smiling. "My tears leave me... drowning!" The screen is split in two and Manami is shown talking about Izuku as Izuku is shown fighting villains. "I'm moving on!" Light flashes and Izuku is shown turning to look at Yumiko who is shown standing sandwiched between two girls. "You can't tell me how to be!" One pushes Yumiko to the side and winks while the other one yells at the one who pushed Yumiko. "Nothing else is stopping me!" Light Flashes and Izuku and Manami are shown. Izuku was patting Manami's head as he smiled at her. "Frustrated!" Manami is shown with an angry pouting expression. "Humiliated!" Manami is shown crying as she wiped her tears feverously. "It fuels me... to carve the road I walk on!" Yumiko is shown picking Manami up while Manami cries. "I cut right through the wreckage!" Light Flashes and the two girls are shown smiling as they watch Izuku on TV. "And look onto the sunset!" Manami is shown staring with a happy expression on her face. "Eternity I'm flying! Singing Right into the Sky!" Izuku is shown firing off his shoot style attack as Manami is shown cheering for him. "I can't live with regret! Can't Fade! Won't Break!" Izuku is shown smiling with a blush on his face. "Live for tomorrow with our might! We'll fight on once again!" Manami is shown appearing in different outfits before she's shown talking Yumiko and Izuku with a hug as the two sat together. The title is shown once again as Izuku is shown holding both girls in his arms as the three smiled happily.

[Later]

Manami and Ryu are shown lying together as they were clutching each other's hands. They'd been put to sleep so that it'd be easier to get them away. Of course, only Manami was meant to be captured, but due to Uravity's influence, Ryu had used his quirk, a defensive quirk that allowed him to set up a force field around himself. Of course, tackling Manami to help her, like Uravity told him that he could end doing, he activated his force field and they were both teleported by the Engineer's quirk.

That was the Engineer's secret as to why he could kidnap so many children without getting found. He was able to change his face through a quirk that he got from his father while his mother's had been teleporting. It easily helped him feed his lust to kidnap and hurt children. The Engineer truly was a vile man.

"I told you just to take the girl." Incinerator says.

"I was aiming for your little brat." Engineer says, "How about the little boy be my compensation?"

"If we can pry them apart then sure." Blackjack says.

"Pry them apart?" Incinerator asks.