Prologue

Three Years Ago

"Behind you!"

Turning around, Ethan ducked to avoid a kick to the head, and returned the offender with a punch of his own to the stomach, making him hunch over, turning around to the guy he was fighting before, only to find him occupied with his companion, so he turned his attention again to the one he punched, only to be forced back by a kick to the chest as he fell down, then rolled over to avoid getting stomped on, kicking his leg out, his opponent fell on his face, getting up, and waiting for the falling man to raise.

Once he did, Ethan was about to deliver a hit to the guy's head to take him down, only for a foot to kick his face knocking the offender straight up, looking to the person who the foot belonged to, he received his smirking faced girlfriend.

"I had it under control." he told her to which her smirk widened into a grin.

"Sure." she spoke in a teasing tone "You have the card." her voice turned serious.

"Yeah," he took it out of his breast pocket, taking hold of it she picked up her fallen purse, taking out her cigarette case, opening up a hidden compartment she put the card inside, then put the case back in her purse as she laid it aside.

Taking off her shirt to reveal a deep v-neck, periwinkle top, pulling down her pants, revealing her underwear, with the dress' skirt hunched over her hips, pulling it down so it reached above her knees, she sees the outline of her underwear, so she decides to lose it, reaching under her dress, she pulled it down then discarded it to the side over her purse.

Looking up at her boyfriend, who probably saw this whole thing, he also had changed into a pair of black slacks, and a crisp white dress shirt, and was on his way to put his blazer atop, moving past her to her purse and discarded underwear, he took it and put it in his pants pocket.

"For safekeeping, we don't wanna leave any evidence." he winked at her making the woman giggle softly at him, shaking her head, she went back to getting done, exchanging her shoes for high heels, she looked at her reflection in the broken mirror on the floor, she took off the mask over her face to reveal her softer features, next went the voice over sticker on her throat, last was the pair of black contacts covering her iconic blue ones.

She finished by applying a swipe of blood red over her pouty lips, feeling the presence behind her, Ethan had moved closer to her after seeing her real face and eyes, that he loved so much, he pulled her hair out of the ponytail she had it in.

"Much better." he whispered gently, laying a delicate kiss over her neck as he swiped the fallen hair from her right shoulder, closing her eyes, she sucked in a deep breath out of pleasure, as she felt his soft lips touch her skin.

Gulping softly, she opened her eyes, then turned around to find that he too disposed of his disguise, smiling as she noticed his untied bowtie, reaching up with her hands, she tied it for him then fixed his collar over it, pecking him lightly on the lips.

"Shall we?" she started, making him move back, and extend his arm for her to tuck her arm into it.

They walked out of the room, to move swiftly to the party downstairs, mingling in without anyone noticing, both moved playing along, when a waiter came by with a tray full of flutes of champagne, Ethan took two, handing one to his lady, as they both downed them, then gave them to another waiter with an empty tray.

They then moved towards the entrance to slip out of the mansion to find their man in the car waiting for their exit, once they were both in, the car sped off.

"Mission accomplished?" asked the driver.

"Don't you know it, Luth," the woman said acknowledging her friend "I'd like to say, all thanks to me."

"I told you I had it under control." Ethan protested.

"Oh, just shut up and kiss me." she shushed him, only to laugh when he replied with 'Gladly' and pulled her over his lap to straddle his as he planted his lips on hers.

Suddenly a ring sounded throughout the car, taking out the private phone that none other than the IMF personal know the number of, concluding it to be their commanding orderly, Ethan threw it to Luther to answer while he went back to kissing his girlfriend.

"Ethan, Skylar." Luther's serious tone made the couple pull apart to look at him, seeing the sunken look on his face they expected the worst, but it was never close to what they heard from the man's lips.

"It's your mother and uncle, Ethan." getting off his lap Skylar asked the question.

"What happened?" she asked regarding the two people she considered family ever since she met them.

"There had been an accident," he said "They didn't make it."

_____
Okay so welcome back, there are some things I want to acknowledge at first,

One, I know how short this chapter is, but it is as much as I can think of as a beginner for this book.

Two, I am late on updates because I've been trying to find an entry for my character to the movie Mission Impossible 2, and I had watched the movie three times now to perfect it.

Three, I can't be grateful enough to those of you who actually read and want me to update more, it makes me believe that I actually have a chance at this.

Four, I don't remember if the death of Ethan's mother and uncle was mentioned in the movies or if they even died but if it was then I changed the plot and if they were mentioned alive later in the movies please inform me.

Lastly, I am in desperate need of a cover I seem to say this in every book I start but it's the truth I'm shit at making covers and I don't know how to use photoshop, there I said it, I'm a computer science major in college who can't use photoshop to save her life, so sue me or whatever.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter and wasn't bored of my post-chapter rant, but you kind of have to get used to it, think of it like Marvel's post-credits scene you know, the cool ones that end up making you either laugh or cry, not that my rants do any of those but anyway, it's like 1 am from where I am and I am probably not fully conscious so, goodnight everyone.
xoxo, hanan