CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE » JOSIE

   It's a little too late now to take it all back, Josie already outed herself to the world a little while ago

It's a little too late now to take it all back, Josie already outed herself to the world a little while ago. That was one defining moment in her life where she realized it couldn't hurt to have three superheroes protecting the world, just like Captain America had once, and the current Tony Stark as Iron Man. Josie had gone ahead and bitten the bullet, accepting the destiny her mother had always wanted for her (which was ultimately her decision; her father had told her time and time again that even if she chose to live a normal human life, she'd still love her regardless just like he always would.)   It's been roughly five months since she put on her hero suit and stopped a plane from horribly crashing.

   Josie's proud every single time she puts on her suit and does her round of heroics. Granted, she's nowhere near as good as her mother or father, but she's getting a lot better. When Josie's not doing heroics she working at STARK industries along side her bosses, Virginia "Pepper" Potts, and the one and only Anthony "Tony" Stark as their personal assistant. And sure, her job was extremely simple and mundane, but it was rewarding in a way, that she just knew that STARK industries was making the world a better place with all of it's clean energy. And fact that Tony was also hero... somehow.

   Josie shook her head as too clear her thoughts. She need to focus. The witch was making her way up the large stairs that feed into her level of the apartment complex that she lived in. She sensed something didn't feel quite right.  It was weird. Like evil and very dark, sinister magic was bleeding into New York and spreading out at an alarming rate. That's when she noticed it. The ground shaking and screams filling the air. Panic began to set in as she ran up the last few steps and sprinted towards her apartment door. She used her magic to fling open her apartment door, only to see her apartment completely, utterly, trashed and destroyed beyond belief. Josie then screamed in horror as the apartment shook yet again.

   " Josie!" screamed Lizzie as she ran out of her room looking rather confused and mortified. Her blonde haired twin sprinted towards her with a terrified look as the apartment shook violently and scattered things across the room and made objects hit the walls and ceiling. " Jo, we need to leave now!"

  " For once in her whole life, Liz, is right!"  Shouted Hope as she gripped onto the door frame of the living entrance.

  " Guys! Guys, you really need to look outside!"

  " What the hell is that?"

  " It looks like portal magic."

   " No shit Jo! I was talking about the ugly motherfuckers coming out of it."

" I can't believe I'm say this, but aliens. It fucking aliens." Stated Josie as she threw her and Lizzie under a magically protected table. They both grunted deeply as things began to fall on top of them. They were all suddenly, and rather violently, flung out the window due to the too surprise blast from an alien ship. Josie screamed out in horror. She is disoriented and ears bleeding. She can't think; the pain and the confusion are too much for her to realize she's falling to her death (for her civilian life at least), Still several feet up in the air, she is ultimately 'saved.' She is put down a few seconds later, being steadied on her feet. She stumbles a little and rubs at her ears; they're still bleeding and they're still ringing like church bells. The world is still spinning, spinning, spinning, but she's just able to make out the figure that had just saved her is her boss.

   "Josie, You're on fire!"  He exclaims alarmingly. He moves forward to most likely put it out, only to jerk backwards at the last second.

  "I'm not— Nope! I..." gurgled Josie confused. She's still staggering a little and her head still feels like it's going to split in half. She glances down on her once cute grey sweater and would you look at that, she really is on fire. Damn, and the the grey sweeter had been one of her personal favorites too. Damn. She pats the flames down, still trying her best to keep her balance.

   "You... don't seem that bothered by the fact that you're on fire,"  Noted Tony sounding a little aghast at her completely calm demeanor. She squints at him in an attempt to glower at him to intimidate or to make a point, but the back of her mind is pretty sure her glares just comes across as a look of utter confusion.

   "I didn't need you to save me." Josie slightly growled at her friend. She sure her eyes briefly shifted from their chocolate brown to a light purple, like they always do when she uses magic, as Tony freezes, almost as if someone had just pulled a gun on him. She isn't, however, the best judge since her head still feels like it's not screwed on straight and she's dizzy; she probably had just imagined it because not even a second later, Tony has the audacity to laugh, albeit sounding a bit forced.

  "You just fell from a skyscraper so if I hadn't been there, you... woulda gone splat."
Retorted Tony. Josie tries her best to roll her eyes in annoyances but it hurts to much to do it so she settles for letting out a sigh and cross her arms over her chest. 

" Whatever." She muttered. That's when it hits her. Anxiety and panic rushed threw her body as she looks at the building that was on fire and almost reduced to nothing more than rubble.  She looks back at the city that was under attack by aliens. It scared her. But, she knew there was only too things she could do at the moment. One of them was to find Josie and Hope and the other was to fight to survive this nightmare.