CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO » HOPE

  Hope groaned in deep pain

Hope groaned in deep pain. Her head spinning out of control and her ears ringing. She slowly stands up before staggering out into the rather chaotic, and destroyed street. The streets are filled with destruction, aliens, and tons of carnage. Blood and death linger in the thick ash filled air. Some would say that it's looks like some sort sick twisted alien apocalypse. Which sends chills down Hope spin and makes her fully aware of what going on around her. Hope glanced around for either Lizzie or Josie, but neither twin witches are near by. She grimaced. She worried for them, but, she knows that they could hold their own if need be. Hope didn't exactly have the time to think about them.

" Phasmatos Incendia." Shouted Hope as she curled her fingers tightly closed into fists, which made fire ignite all around her and slowly caught onto the aliens that were creeping towards her. " Phasmatos Incendia. Phasmatos Incendia. Phasmatos Incendia!" Hope chanted repeatedly and loudly as her fire began increasing in intensity and power. The aliens started to scream out as they began to burn to death. She toned them out with her loud spell casting.  When she was sure enough that all aliens near her were dead, she took off in feverish sprint down the streets.

There was loud screams and explosions in that she could her in far distances and she could also hear loud gunfire and policemen shouting commands. She followed the sound of voices. That's when she found a grotesque grey alien that was hissing down at mortal man as he fought him off with a American flag designed shield. Hope recognized the design as Captain America.

  " Bruciare supe terram!" Shouted Hope as she raised her hands at the alien that was atop of Steve Rogers. The alien was soon caught on fire due to the violent fire spell that ignites objects on fire and rapidly spreads tell said object explodes. The alien staggered backwards before exploding out. Chunks of the alien landed near Hope's feet making her gag in disgust. "Ew" she mumbled as she hesitantly stepped over it. She nodded at Steve.  " Captain "

  " Thanks for saving, ma'am."

  " No problem, but we should really should start moving. I heard some people about ten ish streets over." Hope stated.

" Would be rude to ask how you managed to do what you did? Or who you are?"

  " No, it fine. People call me The Red Dawn and I'm tribrid of witch, vampire and werewolf. We really don't have the time for me to explain how and everything else in between." She stated before taking off in sprint again, this time with Steve Rogers following after her. The tribrid glanced behind them to see aliens approaching.

" Bruciare supe terram!"  She shouts. She then watches, from the corner of her eye, a bunch of alien's life less bodies tremble to the ground. She grunts in response and continued on. The street is utterly destroyed; which is putting it lightly. The pavement is torn and cracked. Cars are flipped over and bent, scratched, broken and just purely apart wrecked. Windows of near by shops and buildings are shattered to billions of little pieces. Structures are either barley standing or reduced to huge piles of rubble. It's a real sad sight for Hope. It sad to see the city that usually full of life and noise broken down to nothing more than a war zone, destruction, and carnage. It ironically, leaves her with no hope.

Hope finally spot the hoard of cops, their continuously fire all they got at the flying chariots. It's pretty damn pointless effort. The tribrid watch as a young cop runs over to his police sergeant.

" We need to get out! They gotta bring the National Guard!"

    "National Guard? Does the army know what's happening here?"

"Do we?" The young cop retorts in genuine surprise and confusion.

"I need men in these buildings. There are people inside that can run into the line of fire. You take them through the basement or through the subway. You keep them off the streets. I need a perimeter as far back as 39th." Cap ordered. Which the cops didn't take too. Especially, the police sergeant.

" Why the hell should I take orders from you?" The police sergeant stated, but before Steve could answer a explosion comes up from behind Cap and an energy blast is blocked by his shield while Hope makes herself a red shield out of one of her protection spells. That's when Hope notices the two Chitauri soldiers coming towards Steve.

    " Cap, watch out." She yells. Steve attacks both of the Chitauri soldiers. The cops watch in shock as both The Red Dawn and Captain America fight them off with ease and don't even break a sweat. The Sergeant turns to his officers and starts barking out the same commanded Steve had said. Hope then turned to Steve.

    " You should go with them." Steve advised. Hope rolled her eyes in utter annoyance and growled deeply.

   " No," Hope started sharply. She turned on her heels towards Steve. " I can't. I have to find my sisters and I'm not about to run away like so weak cowardice human. Because I'm not! I'm already dead!" She growled her eyes flashing a bright red before she turned away from Steve and continued on with her war path.