The Fair - Teen!Dib

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
not a request
(edit: it's a warmup that I am 100% ashamed of, why didn't I just write a request-)
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Come on, just try it."

You stared at the pale pink candy floss suspiciously, eyebrows arching at Dib's request.

"I don't know. What if it's nasty?"
"The entire thing's made of sugar. You like sugar right? Just eat it, it's good."
"Fine fine, just back up a little. You're breathing all over it."

Dib muttered an apology and scooted over so there were a few inches of space between you two. You stared at him for a second before directing your attention back to the candy cloud in front of you.

Your parents didn't let you do many things- they had a strict life schedule that applied not only to them but you too. They were also notorious jerks. Being allowed to go to the fair with Dib was one of the nicest things they had done for you since you were born.

You stuck out your tongue to taste the cotton candy, and was surprised to find that it was sweet like Dib promised. The black-haired teen smiled as he witnessed you nibble on the treat.

"I told you it was good."
"You also told me that Zim's an alien."
"He is! His disguise might have had a few upgrades since middle school, but he's clearly still an alien!"
"That's a bold claim to make without any evidence."
"I-! Hmph."

Dib slumped back on the bench, a scowl on his face.

"Who's out here with you anyways, me or him?"

You smiled at Dib's jealousy, and finished your cotton candy in silence before standing up.

"Wanna go on the Ferris Wheel? I heard it has cool blinking lights."

Dib looked at you from under his glasses and then stood up, looking at the ground.

"Only if you say Zim's an alien."

You gently grabbed Dib's arm and pulled him towards the flashy attraction.

"We'll see."

Despite you never fully trusting him (even after he saved your life twice in the past), Dib allowed you to move him as you pleased. Maybe if he let you do what you wanted, you'd like him more than Zim.

Maybe if he let you force him on this Ferris Wheel, you'd love him.