Chapter 28- All Ears

"The first duty of love is to listen."

~Paul Tillich

----------------------------------------------

After what felt like an eternity in each others embrace, we finally pulled away and I looked down at my sock covered feet. I do not want to look into those intense green eyes just yet because I am afraid that he will change his mind and decide to leave and carry on with his life.

"Is that what Chloe black mailed you with?" He whispers in a deep, husky tone that could almost make me transform into a puddle at his feet.

I nodded my head slowly in reply, still trying to direct my eyes anywhere but his. Converse's covered his large feet. His delicate fingers took a grip of my chin and moved my head so that I could look into his eyes, and him into mine.

"Like I said; I am not going anywhere, Lauren. I'll stay here until the sun comes back up if that is what it takes to prove it to you."

"Won't your flatmate be worried?" a small smile curves onto my lips.

"He won't be too worried" he smirks down at me.

I've missed our easy conversations and that smirk that has made so many appearances since we have met.

"Do you want to go back to your room?" he asks.

"Please" I sigh in relief. The tension in the room is suffocating.

The staircase drops back down swiftly and we climb down them.

"Hold on" I say before peeking through the crack of the door to check that my parents are no where in sight.

"We're good" I say before exiting the closet-like space, Harry following close behind. We made it to my room safely without getting caught. I made sure to close and lock the door behind me.

I huffed and looked down at myself, the dusty pyjama shorts still hung on my waist. My nose turned up at the sight of it.

"I'm going to change, you can make yourself comfortable and can we please not have a repeat of the last time you were in my bedroom?" I beg, recalling the time he went through my undergarment drawer.

"No promises" he winks before collapsing onto my bed on his back. His arms rest under his head for support as his eyes intently watch my every movement.

I go to my closet and pick out a different pair of pyjama pants that are equally as comfortable before going to the bathroom to change. Once I am done changing, I leave the bathroom and see Harry in the same spot on the bed. He scoots over to make room for me and I lay down on my back next to him. His hands take a hold of my arm and he brings it up for a better view. His finger tips glide over the lines easily but I am sure he can feel the rigid texture.

"So that is why you did this to yourself?" he asks.

"It was a way to make sure I was still alive."

"How so?"

"The blood reassures me that I am still capable of some kind of feeling at least."

His head turns to face me while mine stay in place so that I can stare at the ceiling. His curls tickle the side of my cheek as his lips place a soft, tender kiss to the side of my neck.

"I am here now, I want to help you get better." He says softly.

I turn my head to face him now and our noses brush each others slightly.

"How?" I ask seriously.

"I will make you feel again" he responds confidently.

"You've already done that" I say with a small smile.