Hidden Voices Whisper

Fuyao became frustrated. How is it no matter where she goes he always seems to save her like some sort of damsel in distress. " I followed you and kind of figured out where you went but you know that there is another shorter way if you follow another trail that you can get here without getting wet." Seems like now he can read my thoughts, Fuyao thought as she turned away from him so he didn't see her blush. 

As she turned around she saw the damage the earthquake did to the cave. Hearing his footsteps walk away she looked to see where he was going and was surprised to see him go to where she was standing before the ground shook. " What are you ----" As Fuyao was speaking a deep voice stopped all movements and the five coloured necklace that she wore around her neck glowed brightly. 

'Destinies are your path. You have passed your own missions and conquered life and death. Both you are queen and king of this great land and now a greater calling awaits you. Remember you need to reunite the 5 nations. Bring them together and it is only then the world is truly at peace. Make heaven here on earth.' The voice echoed in the cave and as it finished the statement the ground quietened but just as they thought they were safe 5 water made men with swords came running towards them.

Swords materialised in both Fuyao and Wuji's hands.  Fuyao remembered the training she went and both of them fought with gusto. Pairing up together both Fuyao and Wuji used each others strength to fight them. As Fuyao was lighter Wuji knew she was ok to be thrown around not that he ever told that to her face as he knew she will bite back.

After a good 20 mins of fighting and dripping with sweat both Wuji and Fuyao decided to end this. Delivering the final cut to each of the water made men they ended the fight.  As they both leaned against the cave walls they could feel the cold seeping through to their skin. Looking around to make sure nothing was going to come to them anymore they breathed easier and decided they needed to leave the cave.

Fuyao decided to follow Wuji as he didn't get wet plus she didn't think she had any energy to swim. Following behind him the cave walls echoed they footsteps but she knew she had reached the opening as there were green vines growing almost like they were there to show a path wether in or out was the big question.

As they saw the blue sky turned pink they knew they have been inside that cave for a long time and maybe now they should go home. As Wuji turned to touch Fuyao's shoulder she unintentionally moved away. Wuji's hand was still in the air and as she turned around he pretended to brush his shoulders. He didn't want to see her pity face as he thought she was rejecting him. 

Looking at her, Wuji told her to get sleep as they should meet up in her study to discuss what they bodyless person was talking about. He then walked away in a different direction to that of the palace as he knew Fuyao needed to go back there. Fuyao just watched him walking away from her and felt something had happened but she didn't know what it was.

End of Chapter 5