Chapter 11- Trip's Savings

Saiki sat at his place calmly, surrounded by over excited classmates around him. The best part for a high schooler: The class trip. He wasn't that excited of course. The travel was at Okinawa, he could just teleport there by 3 minutes, nothing exciting right?

Surprisingly, even Y/N seemed to look down about the idea. He was sure she would the most excited of the bunch, but here she was, looking grimly down to her hands. Kaido approached the girl, resting his hand to her shoulder in a comforting way.

"L/N? Are you alright?" He shyly asked. Her E/C looked up at him with an unreadable facial expression, then smiled sadly.

"Do I look that down?" She smiled softly to him this time.

"You look like something is bothering you." The pale blue haired teenager pointed out. Saiki was also curious to the unusual behaviour displayed. Y/N only crossed her arms in the desk and rested her head on them while still looking at Kaido by the corner of her eyes.

"I don't have the money to afford the trip. After all, I work at a temple, helping my grandfather." She said softly, breaking her gaze from him. By now, Nendo joined in the conversation.

"What?! You're not going?! Dude you gotta be there!" Nendo exclaimed while clinging to her shoulders. Her dull smile was something unusual, scaring the 3 teenagers.

"I know man... You don't have to worry about me. I have my old man to take care anyway." She smiled tightly. Saiki turned his gaze to the window. At least, he had less trouble to deal with, right? Now that she was out of the equation...Nendo and Kaido were the last on the list, Saiki had no choice but to be with them.

As long as he didn't end up with Teruhashi or Yumehara, then everything was going to be fine. He peered over at Y/N in front him. He had expected her to earn a lot, after all of her weeks spend at the temple, for this particular occasion. He clearly remember her nagging him about this trip one month ago. She kept repeating that she was going to work hard for this.

However that was one month ago.

Wasn't it enough? He knows that her temple was quite popular.

Had she been spending her money for something else? He bet that she has been buying her favourite snack, leaving not enough for the trip. Well she was the one to blame there. Still, maybe it was something else. He couldn't see her face, but Y/N definitely tired. When she look back to Kaido earlier, he could see the dark circles under her eyes.

Was it related to her grandfather?

Before he could think further more, Hairo entered the classroom, suggesting to pick names to make the teams, seeming that everyone was getting out of hand. (Mostly because of Teruhashi's fanboy)

—————————————————

Yeah. He was sure by now. Y/N was a witch and cursed him by an incurable malediction. He ended up with Teruhashi and Yumehara. The two person he didn't want to end up with in the trip, not feeling like dealing with the two girls ,
who had a 'crush' on him.

He was walking alone to his home now that classes has ended. Y/N had something to get first so she told him to go ahead without her.

Saiki took a longer path, wanting to take a small walk, bathing in the warm rays of the sunset. He felt peaceful.

Warm.

No care in the world.

Like he was the only man in this world.

However, all of that feeling washed away as he he caught a glimpse of H/C. He stopped for a brief second. He was sure it was Y/N, but what was she doing?