Chapter 20- For a brief second

My mood has been getting better with each every passing day. I felt lighter now, like a huge weight had been lifted of my shoulders. My smiles were less tighter and coming more naturally.

The incident was still bleeding in the back of my mind. Overflowing with tears, which I thought they drowned my heart for good. It stills hurts me more than pain and I think it will be forever painful.

Smiling can hurt more than any suffering.

However, I slowly began to realize that there was still people caring for me. People who would last longer. Even though they might leave me alone one day, the memories left is what I should be thankful.

Weren't they the cause of that feeling we called happiness?

We can still laugh because of old silly memories.

We can still cry because of sad moments in the past.

All of those memories are causing us to have feels and mostly to describe ourselves as humans.

It was why I could look at Saiki once again. I could forgive him, despise his stabbing words. Even though he could have been hating me, the memories we had were the greatest.

I wanted to thank him. I would thank him later.

Definitely.

——————

"Are you even listening to me?" Kaido asked you, seeing you were still in your dazed state. Yet you didn't answered him after the ninth time he called you out.

He sighed, continuing walking towards the school.

His gaze wandered in front of him, and was surprise to see the sight of Kuboyasu at the end of the street. He quickened his pace, still trying match Y/N's, who was still in her own mind palace.

"Hey Kuboya—" Shu was abruptly cut off as a high yet raspy voice yelled.

"Show some respect kid! A simple sorry won't do it when you bump into us!" The angry voice exclaimed, which seemed to have snapped Y/N out of her mind absent state. As the angry voices grew more and more, Kuboyasu made no sign to defend himself. They punks' voices were mocking him too as the time passed.

Kaido could see the his friend beside him becoming much more angry at the sight of this horrible scene displaying in front of her.

"Do you think you just can run into us and say sorry? It would need more than a simple sorry."

Finally having enough, she stormed furiously next to Kuboyasu. The purple haired seemed very shocked at her mere sudden presence.

"Hey! Back off ladies!" Y/N yelled out mockingly.

"And who the hell do you think you are? Huh?!" The punk snarled and grabbed her forearm.

————

"I should get some help!"

Kaido went running away to get some police officers in bikes he saw at the corner of the street, but he soon stopped as he heard screams from where Kuboyasu and Y/N were.

He immediately sprinted back to his friends, convinced that one of his friend got hurt.

However, surprisingly...