Chapter 23- Dreaming

They were moist.

Humid and warm were the feelings she got off from his hands holding hers. She could have easily slipped her hand out of his, but when she looked back into his shaded eyes, they were holding an intensity she never saw in him.

Coming from him, it was a surprise. Really. That's why she was stuck in her place, incapable of tearing her gaze off his own.

She felt an odd comfort as he started rubbing his soft fingers over her knuckles. The small gesture igniting an ache in her heart, somehow yearning for more of that touch.

The way he was looking at her, was overwhelming. Intense eye contact. Physical contact. She couldn't take it anymore, or she would have exploded on the spot.

"S-Saiki...?"

He wasn't responsive or wasn't moving either. His eyes looking directly through the windows of her soul, but seemed unfocused as well, as if his thoughts were blurring his hearing and vision.

She looked at the clock by the corner of her eyes. She was supposed to be at home 30 minutes ago. Gramps would be crazy mad if she was more late than she already was.

"Saiki...I have to go.." She tugged slightly for his hand to let go but he was still gripping on to it. Her brows furrowed. Why wouldn't he let her go?

"Please say something..." She begged. It held a deeper meaning to it, and he knew it.

She frowned deeply at the situation. She thought that she was over this and that she wouldn't care for it anymore, so that her life wouldn't be affected. All efforts she put in to forget about him were wasted.

He still didn't utter a word out, but his attention was on her face.

He forgot for a moment why he was holding her off.

Her frown.

A frown.

It didn't look good on her.

He disliked that expression on her.

He despised it.

Especially if he knew he was the cause of it.

She always used to smile at him, no matter what.

Please smile.

With a swift movement, he detached his hand from hers, and took a step forward, until he was practically breathing the same air as her.

If exposing his secret to her, meant to have her smiling once again.

He'd do it.

He won't hesitate anymore.

*Close your eyes.*

The teenager took her smaller hands in his larger ones. The size difference was endearing to him oddly.

Her expression had that frown still, and she even took a step back, as if she was running away.

"I— Why?" She said in a breathy plead.

"Saiki. I have to go—"