A New Begininng

Chapter 1

Alice’s POV

Present Time

“Thank you once again for buying this pile of junk!” The once current owner of the opera house said. He was almost too happy to give this place up. I bought it for a fraction of the price I intended on buying it on.

I shook the man’s hand. “No, thank you for letting me take over this once beautiful opera house. I will certainly bring it back to its once former glory.” I smiled.

He laughed at this. “Oh with those crazy rumors of that ridiculous opera ghost, the public are almost petrified to step foot into this place.”

I frowned. “Well that was a long time ago, monsieur, and I assure you those same rumors will be driving people back to this place.”

“Ahh so you’ve heard of him, yes?” He asked, but I didn’t answer. “Well, whatever was said in that book The Phantom of the Opera is mostly fiction. Yes he did love Christine at one point, but it is said he had been madly in love with another young girl. She was much more beautiful than Christine and so much more talented.” He paused. “Why, you look so much like her.” His face instantly filled with curiosity.

“How would you know? I haven’t even heard of this woman.” I backfired, hoping to get off of this subject.

“Well, this woman had MANY fan and people would take pictures of her while she was performing. My father just so happened to be her biggest fan. He even worked with her. He kept hundreds of photos and drawings of her up in his attic, hidden in this dusty old box. But every time I brought it up, he would get angry and tell me to stay out of his stuff.”  He sighed in empathy for his old man.

This made me curious. “What was his name?”

“Elijah. Such a good man.” He started gathering his papers, tidying the place up. My blood ran cold with the sound of his name. He took pictures of me? I shuddered at the thought of being watched without the slightest idea. “You certainly look a lot like her. It’s as if you two could be twins!” He laughed at himself, but still was mystified.

I shifted awkwardly on my feet and cleared my throat. “Well, I should be going. I need to hire a crew.”

“Oh I understand. Busy woman! Well once again thank you so much!”

I nodded my head at him then swiftly walked out the doors of his office and then walked out the doors. I dropped the indifferent façade I put on and let the fear take over me. I quickly ran into an alley and crouched down, letting the tears fall

Flashback

 Suddenly he crashed his lips onto mine. I tried pushed him off of me but he was much stronger than me. I felt him start to feel me up. I started hitting him to make him stop but he wouldn’t. He was so intoxicated with alcohol he didn’t know what he was doing! That’s it that had to be it! He pushed himself onto me now kissing me harder, trying to get me to open my mouth. When he succeeded I bit his tongue as hard as I could. He screamed out in pain and let go of me.