01

The cool, fall air hitting my face as I ran only encouraged me to pick up my speed. The small howl it made was almost like a chant, telling me to push myself faster and faster.

The voice of my coach quickly filled my ears, screaming for me to go all the way. I rounded third base and turned my head to look where the ball was currently located.

Right field.

By now the right fielder had the ball in his glove, but luckily it took him some time to retrieve it.

I've been studying the right fielder for the entire game. He's a short, chubby kid who can't run to save his life, not to mention his throw is horrific. His coach most likely put him in out of pity in all honesty.

That's how I decided where to hit my ball. Study and find the weakest player.

As the spikes of my metal cleats hit home base my teammates ran out and roughly hit my helmet, yelling and screaming.

The crowd cheered loudly causing a bright smile to illuminate my face. The umpire yelled for us to 'line it up' and my team quickly shook hands with the losing opponent.

My attention was quickly directed to a bright, smiling guy, Seth, who was calling my name. His brown, messy hair was even messier than normal due to his helmet head, yet he pulled the look off. He smiled a goofy smile as he jogged over to me and roughly pat my back.

"You did it man, wasn't expecting that tbh. I guess Australians are good at baseball after all!" He said enthusiastically with a grin. I shot a smile back before playfully punching his arm. I chuckled softly and stuffed my hands into the back pockets of my baseball pants.

"For one, never say 'tbh' again. And two, I've lived in America since I was eight, am I even considered an Australian anymore?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

"You still got an accent so, yeah, youre an Australian." His grin widened and he shot a quick wink. I rolled my eyes at his logic which only caused him to smirk.

"By the way, hot stuff, I won our bet." I commented with a toothy grin. Seth groaned and rolled his eyes, reaching for the wallet that sat soundly in his pocket.

"Fine, but I didn't actually think you were going to get an inside the park homer, one that actually won us the game!" He grunted while handing me two ten dollar bills.

I smiled before walking away without responding, causing my best friend to frantically follow along.

I smirked as I approached the concession stand outside of the field,  two ten dollar bills in my hand.

I looked around inside the small booth and sighed when I didn't see anyone. My eyes quickly shot to the small menu that hung on the wall.

Damn, $4 for a soda? School prices are ridiculous.

Seth began to lean on my shoulder, placing all of his body weight on me.

"Can you pwease buy me something?" Seth complained in a child-like voice, pouting. I quickly pushed him off of me making him stumble a bit.

"What if I fell and hit my head, dumbass! You'd have murdered me!" He places his hand on his chest quiet roughly before letting out a loud sigh, not failing to be dramatic.

"Well at least I wouldn't have to deal with your annoying ass anymore," I grumbled, becoming impatient with the lack of service.

"Oh, my ass is annoying? Fine, you won't get my ass anymore, it's off limits. I shall not be your fuck buddy anymore!" He said with a fake cry, crossing his arms. I couldn't do anything except roll my eyes, considering this was normal behavior for him.