12

Bobby above ^

(Warning: This chapter includes sensitive topics such as abuse and sexual activities. If this will trigger something within you, please skip over this chapter.)

Liams POV~

My mother used to claim she feared death, but I don't think death is what frightened her. I believe she was only afraid of the unknown. She didn't know what would come next, where she would go, or how she would feel.

Would she be all alone?

We all suffer the same fate one way or another, so no, I am not frightened by death. However, just like my mother, the unknown terrifies me.

"Liam!"

I flinch at the loud, high pitched voice calling out my name, causing me to drop the textbooks held tightly against my chest. Immediately I felt the eyes of my peers stare at me as the hardcovers hit the ground. The straps on my backpack broke off about three weeks ago, so carrying my things has become a regular occurrence. That doesn't mean the weight of my shit is any less cumbersome.

I quickly kneel and gather my belongings, and as I stand up, my eyes meet a beaming, bubbly redhead.

"Uh, hi?" I question with a small and undoubtedly awkward wave. Why on God's green earth is Lexi Channing talking to me, Liam Winters?

I've only talked to Lexi a few times before, one of those being at Jackson's party, which is a night I try to forget. The encounter with Jackson wasn't even the worst part; it was what happened after, and how I was treated, which sucked. It was Lexi who got me out of there safely, though.

I like Lexi, at least from what I know of her, which isn't a lot. She's Leah's best friend, and many people just see her as "a Leah wannabe," but there's more to her than that. There's more to every person than what is presented.

"Come on, babes, walk with me." I clutch my books harder with one hand as Lexi firmly grabs the other and pulls me down the school hallway. I could feel my cheeks blaze up red as everyone's eyes landed on me for the second time today.

The redhead leads me to a less crowded hallway with only a few kids and softly lets go of my hand, allowing me to walk by her side instead of being pulled.

"How's your dad?" She immediately asks. Remaining unfazed, I take in a small breath in hopes to gather the confidence to speak.

"He's the same as always, hows yours?" I mentally face palmed myself as I realized what I just asked. Lexi only lets out a small laugh before ruffling my already messy hair.

"You already know how my father is, Hotshot." She affirmed, not allowing her bright smile to drop.

My cheeks grow a deep shade of red as I shoot Lexi a glare for speaking so loudly.

"Liam, calm your dick, nobody knows what we're talking about. People probably just think I'm about to give you a blow job or something."

Immediately my face flushed, and I turn to Lexi with a pleading look, "They don't think that...do they?" The redhead bursts out laughing as she places her delicate hand on my shoulder. I don't know what she thinks is so funny, I don't find this amusing. Whenever someone hears my name, I don't want them to associate me with getting head from Lexi Channings.

"Look bub, I can't control what the people think. You know, sometimes...." I allow Lexi to continue on her rant as I only stop dead in my tracks, not listening to a word she says. I stare ahead at the picture in front of me, as it becomes harder and harder to breathe. It's almost like I'm drowning, and the only person who can save me and supply me the air I need is busy giving it to someone else. I'm not sure why I'm so hurt, but I am...and it sucks.