Split

Anastasia's POV

"No!" I shout my voice agitated and there's a force behind it that makes even my mom flinch, but that may be because of what she's asking me. I saw it in her eyes, heard it in her voice as she explained to me what was to happen. She wants this just as much as I do.

"Ana please, hear me out..."

"Hear you out! You're trying to ship me off to Themyscira for who knows how long, and just when everything is starting to look up." She steps forward reaching out towards me begging with her eyes for me to forgive her. However I stay firmly rooted in my spot my one arm wrapping protectively around my midriff while my other clutches the customized dog tags Wally gave me for our six month anniversary.

"I waited!" She shouts trying to cover up her sadness with a sharp glare, but I'm to irked to care. "I let you finish the school year, I waited until after the team's one year anniversary, I gave you time with Wally..." I scoff rather loudly interrupting, but she can't act like waiting five months makes this right.

We glare at each other and my face tightens as I force my tears to stay concealed behind my eyelids. I'm shaking with anger my body growing tired of keeping my emotions compacted within it.

"Why?" I quietly ask my voice wavering along with my bottom lip, and I have to forcefully bite down on it before my mom sees the sign of weakness. "The Light is still out there Anastasia. Problems like these don't disappear over night, and you're not ready to face them." Her voice is firm using her authoritative Amazon tone making it harder for me to fight back, and she knows it.

"I am..."

"No you're not!" Her voice raised and now I took a step back my eyes widening and I drop my head in a low bow. "You still let your heart blindly lead you into battles you are not ready for and act purely on emotion. You're still stuck in this identity crisis, and if you're battling two sides of yourself then you can't focus on the actual bad guys in front of you. In the long run going back to Themyscira to complete your training will make you stronger, and help you come to terms with who you are."

"But the team, what will they do without me, and you how are you going to live on your own, and Wally what..." My voice trails off as my mind floods with hundreds of scenarios none of them pleasant.

"You're worried they'll move on without you." She states realization dawning on her face and I keep my eyes fixated on my shoes finding it impossible to lift my head. "It's not just that." I whisper trying my best to keep my voice strong despite everything that's weighing down on me.

"When I left Themyscira I was ten and knew nothing but what you guys taught me, and now..." I trail off, something I'm doing a lot of today, and I look up my eyes pleading for my mom to understand because saying it is so much harder. "And now you're sixteen, you defy orders, and you have a boyfriend? You're worried your grandma will be disappointed with you."

"You strive to be different than them yet you crave their approval, why?" And all I can do is shrug because if I knew the answer I would've fixed myself a long time ago.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Wally's POV

"What do you mean you're leaving?" I demand cringing the slightest when her tired void eyes look right through me as if I weren't there at all. "Wally let her explain." Dick pipes up trying to stay calm for her sake, but I can see he wants to demand answers just as much as I do.

"I will briefly be returning to Themyscira to complete my training. With the Light running loose I need to be the upmost prepared and as an Amazon I made a promise a long time ago to put the needs of others before my own, and if that means isolating myself on an island to become the warrior I was created to be to protect people then so be it."