A New Friend Joins The Group

Sophie ignored Biana's comments.

"He walked you to your class! That was the cutest thing ever." Sophie kept walking. "And with his arm around your shoulder! And the way he smiled at you. Just know you two are now my OTP." Sophie sighed and pulled out her phone. She texted Jensi to meet them at the front. He replied with an ok but a thousand question marks. Sophie laughed at his excitement. She found Fitz and Dex already at the door. 

Sophie smiled. She remembered a time when Dex hated Fitz. Always called him Wonderboy and hated being alone with him. She never really understood why (there is a PLOT TWIST coming peoples... kinda). But once they got into high school and Dex understood that Sophie wasn't going to stop being friends with Fitz, he learned to warm up to him. And they've been good friends ever since. 

"Hey Soph!" Fitz exclaimed. Sophie nodded as a response, walking up beside him.

"Where are Tam and Linh?"

"They're on the way. Linh had to help Marella with something. And you know how Tam is. He wanted to stay with Linh and wait up for her." Marella was Linh's roommate. She hung out occasionally but she always had way too much going on in her life. She was always caught up in drama and a lot of the time needed help getting out. 

"Listen, I have two other people coming with us if that's ok." Both Dex and Fitz slightly frowned. "One of them doesn't have any friends. I'm sorry I felt really bad. And the other..."

"Is Keefe," Biana finished. Fitz raised an eyebrow. Sophie looked down and kicked the back of her shoe.

"He keeps asking. I can't just say no. And Biana's the one who told him yes first." Fitz crossed his arms and looked at Biana, glaring like he was in charge. Biana just stared at him.

"That doesn't work on my, Fitzy," she said. "You don't scare me." She patted his head with a smile. He just rolled his eyes. 

"Sophie!" A boy's voice said happily. Jensi came running at her like a 5-year-old. He hugged her. "Hey!" She smiled.

"Hey back at ya."

"If you couldn't tell, he's excited," Keefe said as he approached. Sophie laughed. Jensi drew back blushing. 

"Sorry."

"You're fine." She told him. Jensi turned toward Biana, Fitz, and Dex's direction. He smiled over at Biana shyly. She smiled back. He looked down. 

"So where we eating?" Keefe asked, draping his arm across Sophie's shoulders. Fitz looked between them and she shook her head. 

"I don't know. Zaxby's? Chick-fi-la? Maybe Chipotle?" She offered the last restaurant with a little more enthusiasm.

"We always go to Chipotle," Tam complained as he walked up from behind. Sophie whirled around in surprise. 

"You scared me." He smirked and shrugged. Linh smiled.

"I'm ok with anything."

"I say Zaxby's!" Biana said. Dex raised his hand as a 'me too'. Fitz shrugged.

"I'm good with Zaxby's." Jensi nodded happily. Tam and Linh said "ok", Linh with a cheerful tone and Tam with a sad one, like he didn't want to say yes. But that's how he always sounded when he agreed to something.

"I like whatever Foster does. After all we are practically bff's," Keefe said in a duh tone. Biana grinned stupidly over at them and whispered to Linh, "They're your OTP too right?" Linh giggled but nodded. Sophie glared over at them.

"Let's go to Zaxby's then." She walked to the door, away from Keefe's arm. Keefe pouted but said nothing. Biana ran up beside Sophie followed by Linh.

"You two are adorable. Honestly," Linh told her. Sophie looked at her.

"Not you too." Linh held back a grin. "Just know I'm going to be doing the same thing everytime you're around Fitz now." Linh blushed. Sophie knew they had been keeping their feelings for each other hidden for the longest time. They had liked each other since middle school, when Tam and Linh first transferred to their school. They refused to tell one another though. "And you with Tam," she said to Biana. Biana narrowed her eyes. The same thing was going on with Biana and Tam. Every one of her friends were stubborn though. 

"Don't you dare," warned Biana. Sophie smiled. 

"Oh my gosh Tam come here!" Tam looked up from the ground, confusion written all over his face. Biana squeaked.

"What are you doing?" Sophie didn't really know. She was just going to embarrass Biana. Tam walked up beside Biana.

"Yes?" Linh stifled her laughter.

"You two are absolutely adorable! Aren't they Linh?" Tam pulled his bangs over his eyes and Biana continued to glare.

"They totally are! They would make the greatest couple ever!" Tam gave his sister a warning look but Linh knew he was bluffing. Tam would never do anything to hurt his sister. He cared about her too much. Linh smiled.

"Not as cute as you and Keefe though Sophie I mean, you're totally crushing on him!" Biana shouted. Sophie's eyes went wide. 

"Are you serious right-"

"Oh so Foster does have the hots for me," said Keefe with a smirk as he strolled up beside them. "I knew it." Sophie looked over at him.

"No this isn't-"

"Don't worry Foster. You have a chance unlike most." He winked and went back to his original position. Sophie's face was on fire. Biana busted out laughing.

"That went way better than I expected." Linh sat there with her mouth wide open and even Tam was snickering. Sophie huffed and walked away from her friends. 

"You are all very annoying," she said. She jumped into her car, Biana, Linh, and of course Keefe following. Tam, Fitz, Dex, and Jensi got into Fitz's car. The two cars were very different. Sophie's was a small smart car that was a tight fit whereas Fitz had a sports car. The Vackers were rich. Sophie had money, but not nearly as much. And she liked to save hers up. 

"Nice car. It's adorable," said Keefe. Sophie nodded as a thanks. She started it up and rolled down her windows.

"You know the drill! If you get there before us get a table!" She yelled over to Fitz. Fitz gave a thumbs up and drove out of the parking lot. Keefe leaned up from the backseat and cranked the music all the way up.

"This is how you ride!" He sang along and eventually everyone in the car was singing to Taylor Swift. And that's how they rode the entire time.