Food, Talking, and... Parties?

"This is so cool! I've never seen a drink machine like this!" Jensi's voice rang through the restaurant. Biana raised her eyebrows at Sophie but Sophie just shook her head no. Keefe chuckled. 

"I can tell you how it works. I love anything dealing with technology," Dex told him. Sophie approached the group. Jensi's face lit up.

"That would be awesome!" Dex smiled at him and began explaining things no one else understood. Sophie walked over to Fitz who was sitting at a table. She opened her mouth to ask if he had gotten her food too but he said, "I already got the Nibbler meal don't worry." She smiled and sat down beside him.

"Good job." He rolled his eyes.

"You've only been getting the same thing for 6 years." She laughed.

"It's good!" He made a "tsk" sound.

"The hot wings are obviously better."

"Are not."

"Are too."

"Are not!" Someone cleared their throat and Sophie turned around to see Keefe standing there awkwardly. "Sorry. I was just telling Fitz I was right." Fitz's mouth dropped but she ran off to the counter, pulling Keefe with her.

"Here. You can order." He nodded. He seemed a bit quiet. Usually he was making jokes or at least smirking but there was nothing. He told the employee his order with a complete straight face. Sophie stared up at him.

"Are you ok?" She asked.

"Yeah." He paused. "You and Fitz seemed pretty close back there." She tilted her head. What did that mean?

"I mean we are really good friends." He looked at her.

"Yeah. You seem like it." He walked off. What was up with him?

"Holy crap Keefe Sencen is jealous!" Biana whisper-screamed into Sophie's ear which made Sophie actually scream. It drew the attention of many people and she sank down. 

"What do you mean? He's not jealous. Why would he be jealous?" Biana rolled her eyes.

"I didn't think you could be any more oblivious. Of you and Fitz."

"But Fitz and I are like siblings. I told Keefe that." Biana raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe you should tell him again." She nudged Sophie towards a frowning Keefe. Sophie stumbled forward. Keefe looked over at her. Sophie just stood there. Eventually she looked back at Biana but she waved her hand, silently telling her to go on. 

"Me and Fitz are just friends," She blurted out. Keefe nodded slowly, confusion written all over his face. "Biana told me to tell you and..." She could hear Biana face-palm. A smile tugged at Keefe's lips. 

"Did she now? Why would she tell you to say that?" 

"Because you know, she thinks you're jealous which I was like, no way but she's insistent so." Keefe stepped closer. 

"What if I am jealous?" Sophie's heart stopped.

"Well then um.. that'd prove me wrong and Biana right which I would never live down." He smirked down at her. Sophie gulped.

"Looks like you won't live it down." He left without another word. Sophie sat there, beyond confused. That was really weird. (I FRICKING HAD TO DO IT EVEN IF ITS EARLY BUT DONT WORRY SOPHIE WONT UNDERSTAND)

Biana sat there with her mouth wide open. 

"I WAS RIGHT!" She screamed. Sophie glared at her because of the attention she was drawing. 

"No you weren't," Sophie insisted. "I've only known Keefe for a day but I know he jokes a lot. He wasn't being serious." Biana stared at her.

"Oh my go- I can't with you." She walked off, leaving Sophie alone and confused. Dex and Jensi were still at the drink machine talking about how it worked. Jensi seemed interested in every single word. Sophie let them be and walked to the table where Fitz was now passing out the food. Tam and Linh were sitting in the middle arguing over the chicken tenders they ordered to share and Biana was pouting beside them. 

Sophie slipped into the seat beside Fitz and grabbed her tray. 

"Thank you kind sir," she said with a mocking bow. He laughed at her and grabbed his own food. Keefe sat across from Sophie.

"Jens! Get over here we're eating!" Keefe called. Sophie kicked him on his foot for drawing even more attention. He just smirked. "You're adorable when you're mad, Foster." Sophie blushed. She could've sworn she heard Biana let out a muffled scream. (Biana is me). Dex and Jensi came to the table. Dex beside Sophie and Jensi beside Keefe. They all grabbed their food. 

"So guess what," Keefe said. Everyone looked at him. "I'm holding a party at our dorm this weekend if all of you want to come."

"You're inviting us too?" Dex asked. 

"I mean yeah. I was thinking you all are my friends right?" Everyone was silent for a moment before Sophie cleared her throat loudly. A chorus of "yeah's" and "of course" went across the table. Keefe smiled a bit. "I am the king of parties."

"You've never been to one of our parties," Biana told him. "Video games, books, movie marathons, and then of course the Monopoly fights." Keefe laughed.

"That sounds like a ton of fun."

"Oh it is. Especially when you stay up to see the sunrise. It's basically our tradition every other weekend." Keefe nodded. 

"I would totally love to join if I could." Biana stopped. Then she smiled that smile that meant she had an evil plan. Sophie gulped.

"Well, we were supposed to do it next weekend but I just realized I have to go see my parents. Some real important business. Fitz has to come too." Fitz started to say something but Biana kicked him under the table.

"Yep. Real important," he squeaked. Biana glared at the rest of her friends.

"Yeah I have something to do.." "Break my arm that day.." "Feed my... tiger" Keefe raised an eyebrow. 

"Oh man it looks like it will just you two. What a bummer." Biana shook her head sadly. Sophie narrowed her eyes at her best friend.

"We can still have fun. Right Foster?" Sophie whirled her head toward him.

"Yeah. Fun. So what day is the party? And what time?"

"Sunday at 8." Sophie raised her eyebrows.

"A school night?" Keefe laughed.

"Someone's a little goody-two shoes."

"No it's just... I prefer my sleep." Keefe pretended to pout. "But we'll be there. All of us." They all nodded.

"Great! Two parties! Fun!" Jensi grinned. Sophie tried not to sigh. What had she just gotten herself into?