Cat and Mouse

The next day, the Titans as a whole came to visit their friend. Being as determined as he was, Robin was sitting up and eating normal food. But he was still very weak and not ready to walk.

What worried everyone was his scary mental state. He kept making off handed remarks like 'if I ever get out of here...' or 'even though it doesn't matter...' he almost sounded suicidal and it scared them. They just hoped he would comply with what the doctor asked.

"Hey man, sorry we couldn't make it yesterday. You know, duty calls." Cyborg joked.

"Who was it?"

"Just control freak. Somehow, he escaped jail and was planning something. It took us all day to find him, but when we did, he wasn't prepared." Cy explained.

"Any injuries?"

"Dude. It's control freak. What would we do? Trip on a cord?"

Robin smirked. "You're right, what was I thinking?"

"You're justified to think like that." Raven offered. "But there's no reason to worry."

He shrugged. "I can't help it, we're friends. I always worry about you guys."

"True dat" Beast Boy hit his shoulder, a tad bit harder than he had meant to.

"Ow!"

"Sorry man..." he tried to change the subject, "Are you allowed to get out of that hospital gown? Star brought you your uniform, and I know you're just ichin' to wear it!" he turned around. "Now where's the bag?"

Beast Boy was unaware of the not-so pleasant look on Robin's face.

"It's over here." Star provided, grabbing the bag from the window seat. Beast Boy grabbed the uniform and slammed in on the table.

"We'll leave you to change." He headed for the door. Star grabbed his shoulder.

"If you are uncomfortable, I also brought these." she pulled out the shirt and sweatpants and set them next to his uniform.

"Robin pick civvies over his uniform? Puh-lease! I'm surprised he even owns them!"

To his surprise, Robin grabbed the normal clothes instead.

"I don't know if I can even get my uniform on." Star and Raven turned around while Cyborg and Beast Boy helped him out of the hospital gown. "You brought the bat shirt?"

"It is all that I could find." She stated.

While he was getting dressed, he found his injuries increasingly…annoying. Any movement, and lift of the arm or twist of the waist caused pain. Thankfully, he was wrapped up completely in bandages, practically mummified and he didn't have to worry about seeing his wounds.

Not long after, Bruce came in and raised an eyebrow at Robin's choice of clothing. He simply pointed to star.

"I came to say goodbye. I see good progress, and I trust the Titans will take care of you from here. But I have to get back to Gotham."

"It's okay, I understand."

"Good." He rubbed his head. "I'll come back when it's time for you to be discharged. I'll treat you and your friends to dinner. I know I'm not your first choice, but you're welcome to come home to recover."

"Thanks Bruce."

"Alright, I'll see you later. And Richard..."

"Hm..?"

"Listen to your doctor." He said sternly.

He frowned. I'm sixteen years old, and he still bosses me around! "Alright. Fine. Whatever."