New Dawn, New Day, New life

The alarm sounded. The team sprang into action, running towards the door. Robin jumped the couch and followed close behind.

"Titans go!"

"No!" They collectively shouted as they blocked his exit.

"What?"

"You will not be going out to fight." Starfire said sternly.

"Why not?! My leg is healed, I got my cast off!"

"Bro, You got your cast off this morning."

"And?"

"You haven't gone through physical therapy at all yet."

Robin frowned.

"Can you imagine how mad Bruce would be if you got hurt again, like right after you healed?"

Bruce had left for Gotham a week ago, and had made multiple phone calls to check in on Robin.

"I'm not even his biological son and he acts like I almost died."

"You did almost die."

"True. But still..."

"Stay here. It's just Rancid."

"Fine fine. I don't need his teasing anyway."

The team hurried out leaving him behind. He sighed and scuffed his shoe on the floor. Starfire zipped back in and without even touching the ground, kissed his forehead.

"Soon. Do not worry." Then she caught up with the team.

He let the tiniest of smirks grace his face before frowning again. Then he had an idea. "When they come back, it'll be time to eat dinner. I am NOT going to sit around here and just wait...I can't remember the last time I cooked. Let alone the last time Beast Boy and Cyborg didn't fight over meat." With that, he went to his room, grabbed his wallet, and made a list of ingredients. "Alfred taught me how to make lasagna how many years ago? Gosh, I can't remember anything! I'll have to call Alfred, hopefully Bruce is at the company."

A phone call later, Robin was off to the store on the R-cycle, a list in hand. He walked in the sliding door. Everyone stopped and looked at him, surprised and a little afraid.

He smiled nervously, "Uh, no trouble...superheroes have to eat to!"

That seemed to be a good enough excuse and they continued on their way. He sighed in relief.

"Okay first thing on the list, mushrooms and tomatoes."

He made his way through the store. People sending him questioning glances. A kid approached him with a piece of paper. He must have been only six or seven years old.

"Mr. Robin? Can you sign this paper?"

"You want my signature?"

"No, for a school assignment. I'm supposed to get a local hero to sign this and then interview them."

"Wow, what nice timing you have."

"I was going to the police station, when I saw you walking into the store, and I thought no other kid would get to interview you."

"No, I guess they wouldn't. This is my first time being out and about in a long time."

"Why?"

He paused and looked around. "Come and walk with me." He continued down the aisle as the kid followed after. "I was captured."

The kid made a face of awe. "Whhhoooaaaa!"

"Yeah, I was held captive for two weeks before I escaped. I was hurt though, and the other titans wouldn't let me go out until I healed."