Breach in Security

You, Blake and your father all sat there. You were hunting down Roman Torchwick once again and now were stuck in the middle of Mountain Glenn's underground tunnels. Roman had escaped with a large train full of explosives and other unique and powerful weaponry, while the three of you were left abandoned with the last few cars of the train. The only thing any of you could hear was a light humming coming from inside the car that you and Blake were sitting on while your father had a look around. You just kept giving off this dejected look while Blake stared ahead, not seemingly caring.

You looked up at Blake and saw her staring down the tunnel. You sighed and moved behind her and hugged her.

(Y/N): I'm sorry.

Blake: Mhm?

(Y/N): If it wasn't for me, we wouldn't be in this mess. If we had taken down Torchwick months ago when we still had a semblance of chance we could have done it. But no! Because I was an idiot and did nothing to stop him!

Blake: Yeah. You still are a big idiot.

(Y/N): Well, thanks. That helps my confidence levels a lot. You really know how to care about someone, eh, Blake?

Blake: That's not what I meant and you absolutely know that!

You still look as dejected as you did before. Blake places her hand over yours to show comfort.

Blake: (Sighs) You're my big idiot. (She takes your hand) Yeah, we had screw ups, but we can manage. Besides, there are at least 400 huntsmen and huntresses within the kingdom of Vale. Sure a majority go to combat schools or Beacon, but that doesn't mean we are without defenses or other forces. (Y/N), we'll manage.

(Y/N): Wow. Since when have you ever, EVER, been an optimist?

Blake: Well, what can I say? You've rubbed off on me.

(Y/N): You bet I did.

You wrapped an arm around Blake and pulled her closer to you. You pecked her cheek and forehead while she just giggled along. You two began to sit in silence until you both heard footsteps behind you guys. You turned around and saw your father walking up to you both.

Father: Come here. I think I found us a way off of train.

You and Blake glanced at one another before getting up and following him. Your father lead you to the source of the humming, several large steel colored boxes.

(Y/N): It's a box. Ok?

Father: Not just a box.

Your father hit the side and the box began to shake. Suddenly, the thing transformed itself into a new Atlesian Paladin. You backed up slightly as the mech unfolded and formed itself. You grew a large smile as did Blake. Your father mounted the pilot seat and began to control the suit.

Father: You want to take it for a spin?

Your jaw dropped at the offer. You just giggled like a kid on Christmas and ran up to the cockpit and sat down inside the main control system. The only thing you could do was smirk and hoop on with your father and Blake at your side.

(Y/N): Let's roll!

Father: But you ain't driving.

(Y/N): Ah man!

Miles down the tracks, Roman was standing next to the train's engineer. Behind them were two more of Roman's henchmen.

Roman: I started going on a diet.

Engineer: So?

Roman: Just making conversation.

Loud banging and shaking was felt along the tracks. Roman glanced up and saw a few bits of the tunnel fall onto the train as well. His eyes widen in surprise and he cocks an eyebrow questioningly. He walked over to the window and leaned out and saw you, Blake riding a Paladin piloted by your father. Roman quickly grew enraged and walked back over to a henchmen.

Roman: I though the Paladins were on car 13!

Henchmen: 17! Sir.

Roman continued to grow enraged and aimed his cane at the henchmen and fired, knocking them off the train.

Roman: Mount up and get them off this train!

Along the rest of the train, henchmen began to lean out and open fire with basically everything they could find. From actual bullets and guns to a few smoke and actual grenades. However, the Paladin and yourself were able to knock away the attacks. Your father began to charge forward and began to attack back against Roman's men. After crashing down against one of the cars, you and Blake leap towards the next car and began to attack Roman's men.

You slammed your drill onto two goons and threw yourself onto another one. Blake leapt over you and used her semblance with some burn dust and attacked another goon. She then blocked an attack and spun around blocked another. Blake did another spin and was easily able to cut and slash away at the goons. However, another Paladin emerged from one of the cars and leapt over you and Blake and attacked your father.

The enemy threw a punch down towards your father who blocks it and fires a few rockets towards the chest. Your father reeled back a punch and threw it, hitting it in the side of the head. Your father converted one of the hands to a machine gun and open fire. However, the enemy paladin charged forward and tackle your father into the wall of the tunnel. Your father elbows the enemy paladin onto the ground and grabbed it and throws it back into the wall. The enemy paladin launched itself forward and knocked your father into an opposing wall.

From the engine, both Roman and the engineer both shake a bit. Roman grows a stern look and walks over to a communication station in the engine.

Roman: Focus on the tracks! Don't bring this entire tunnel down on us!

Roman glanced back and saw both you and Blake continuing to fight through his men. He groans and rolls his eyes before turned back to face forward.

Roman: Assuming we make it to the drop point.

Back to you and Blake. Blake flips over you and kicks another goon in the knee and roundhouse kicks them off of the train. You run forward and fire off another rocket towards the car in front of you all. The rocket hits and completely destroys the car and the one in front of it. Two more foes ran towards you and raised their blades to attack you. You ducked and use the butt of your rocket launcher and hits both the enemies and uppercuts them both, knocking them away.

You glanced over and see Blake grapple a goon and pulled them towards her. She pulled again with enough force to launch the goon into the air. Blake axed kicked the goon back onto the car's floor and knocked them out cold. She glanced over to you and cocked an eyebrow.

(Y/N): You enjoyed that a little too much, don't you think?

Blake: Come on. We have a job to do.

(Y/N): I'm just saying!

You and Blake began to run towards Roma's direction. However, before you could ran more than a few inches, your father's paladin comes flying towards you both. Blake tackles you out of the way as you father crushes three cars ahead of you and breaks them away from Roman.

(Y/N): DAD!

Father: DOWN!

You turned around a saw the other paladin gearing up for an attack. Your father slammed his fist against it and pinned it down. Blake ran up and began to slash at several weak points on the mech. Finally, she launched herself into the air and slammed her blade through the mech and destroyed it.

Blake: Come on! He's getting away!

Your father grabbed you both and began to chase after Roman. However, Roman and the rest of his train breached through a tunnel and out into the open.

Pilot: Sir. Drop point reached.

Roman: Finally!

Roman pressed a few buttons and the cars detached from one another. From far off, several bullheads descended onto the scene and began to magnetically pull the cars up and carried them off. You glared ahead and clenched your teeth together.

(Y/N): No, no, no!

Your father charged forward with the mech to catch up. However, one final bullhead picked up the engine and flew away. Roman gave a two finger salute to you three, smirked and laughed as he flew off. You were too late.

You screamed in anger as you saw your defeat just play out before your eyes. He got away once again.