Chapter 5

Uriah's P.O.V.

I heard my brothers get ready for school and when Maverick came down the hall to go to the kitchen, he stopped when he saw me on the living room couch.
I wasn't facing him, but I could hear that it was him walking down the hall since he sounds like a giant when he walks.
"Hey El, why is the brat on the couch?" He called.
"He started fucking screaming at 2 o'clock in the damn morning and woke me up. I'm surprised you guys didn't hear." Ellis said.
"Why was he screaming?" Maverick questioned.
"I don't know, Mav. He was just being annoying like he always is." Ellis replied.
Maverick scoffed and said "I have to take an hour off of work to take him to the doctor's office."
"Ha. Have fun." Ellis replied.
They started eating breakfast and I got up.
I limped into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water.

I turned around to face my brothers and I realized that Maverick was shirtless. He had tattoos all over his arms and I just stared at him. Ellis saw me, nudged Maverick and nodded towards me. Maverick looked over at me and rolled his eyes.
"Take a picture, it'll last longer." He said.
"I never knew that you had tattoos. You always wear long sleeve shirts to cover your arms up." I replied.
"Well I have them, so stop staring. You better get all of those chores done by the time that I get home to pick you up." He told me.
I nodded and took a sip of my water.

They left after twenty minutes and I did all my chores and got the mail after it came. I waited to see Maverick's truck pull up in the driveway and went outside. I got into the back of his truck and we drove to the doctor's office. We went inside and went to the check in window.
"Hi, we have an appointment." Maverick said while handing her my health card.
"Okay. Take a seat and you'll be called in just a few minutes." She replied handing him back my health card.
We sat down and Maverick said "You know he's gonna weigh you and stuff because you're a new patient, right?"
I nodded and waited for my name to be called.

After a few minutes the lady at the check in window called "Uriah."
I stood up and Maverick didn't stand up.
Once I started walking to the door, he stood up and caught up with me.
We went into the doctor's office and sat down.
The doctor came in a few minutes later and sat down.
"Hi, I'm Dr. Oscar. Nice to meet you, Uriah." He greeted.
"So your former doctor send over your files and tells me that you've sustained your injuries from a car accident. I need to weigh you and measure you since you're a new patient and you will need to fill out these papers." He told me.
I nodded and he weighed me and measured me. He looked at the bruises on my legs and face and my stitches on my head and chest. He also looked at my ankle and my arm. He left the room and we filled out the forms.

Dr. Oscar came back into the room and took the forms from us.
"So Uriah, you're very lucky to only have such minor injuries after going through a devastating car accident. You're lucky to be alive. You have some cuts from the accident under your cast, which I hope are healing well, as well as your broken arm. The stitches on your head and your chest are healing quite good, and your ankle seems to be getting better. It should heal in a few days. You seem to be recovering from your concussion very well, and I will see you again next week. You should eat more, Uriah. You're underweight and aren't growing because your body isn't getting enough nutrients." He told me.
We nodded, thanked him, and walked out.

"I'm getting you McDonald's and then I'm going back to work." Maverick told me when we got into the truck.
I nodded and he got me a large order of fries, a hamburger and a milkshake.
He drove home and dropped me off.
I ate the McDonald's and threw all my garbage away.