Chapter 10

Uriah's P.O.V

I woke up to Maverick yelling.
"Come on, Ellis! You're gonna be late!" He yelled.
"I'm coming!" Ellis yelled back.
I walked out to the hallway and saw Ellis rushing to get his shoes on while having his hockey bag on the floor.
"Do your chores before we get home." Maverick told me as he walked out in his work uniform with Ellis.
Jonas walked out of his room with his work uniform on and put his shoes on.
"Bye, Uri." He said and walked out the door.
I was surprised he called me Uri, but not as surprised as I was when Maverick called me Uri yesterday.

I did all my chores and was showering when Ellis banged on the bathroom door.
"Brat, other people have to shower too. My friends will be here in half an hour. I need to get in there." He told me.
"I'm getting out in a few minutes. Calm down." I replied.
I got out of the shower and changed into my usual outfit; a pair of jogging pants, a shirt and a hoodie.
I walked out of the bathroom and Ellis went inside.
I made myself some PopTarts and ate them.
I cleaned up any mess that the crumbs made and I laid down on the couch.

While Ellis was changing, the doorbell rang and he yelled at me "Don't open the door."
"Wasn't planning on it." I called back.
He walked out while still putting his shirt on and five guys walked into the house.
"Guys, this is Uriah, my little brother." Ellis said pointing at me.
I ignored him and his friends all nodded.
They went into our room and played video games for awhile.

"Brat, come in here!" Ellis called from our room.
I got up and walked to our room.
I opened the door and all his friends were sitting on either his bed or my bed.
I looked around to see where Ellis was, and somebody taped my shoulder.
I turned around to see somebody wearing the creepy mask that my brothers used to chase me around with.
On instinct, I screamed and ran back out to the living room.
He followed me out there and I started hitting him with the couch pillow.

"Get away!" I exclaimed.
They started laughing and took the mask off, to reveal that it was Ellis.
I heard his friends laughing from our room and I narrowed my eyes at Ellis.
"What the hell?!" I whined while pushing him.
He laughed and waved the mask at me.
I backed away and he laughed even more.
He went back into our room and one of his friends asked him "Where'd you come up with the idea to do that?"
"We used to do that to him all the time. He hated it then and he still hates it now." Ellis laughed.
He shut the door and I sighed.
I calmed down and continued watching tv for awhile.

"Brat, get up. We're gonna watch tv in here." Ellis told me walking into the living room with his friends.
"No." I replied.
He scoffed and came over to me.
"You seem to forget who's watching who. Now unless you want me to tell Mav and Jonas that you weren't listening to me, you'll let us watch tv." Ellis threatened.
I sighed and gave him the remote.
I ran to our room and shut the door.

I watched half of a movie and heard Ellis call me into the living room.
"I'm not falling for that, Ellis. If you're wearing that stupid mask again, I'm gonna tell Maverick." I said cautiously opening up the bedroom door.
He was sitting in the living room with all of his friends and he motioned me over to them.
I walked over to him, looking over my shoulder to make sure nobody would try and scare me.
"I'm sorry that I did that to you. It was wrong and I shouldn't have done it." Ellis apologized.
"How about you come hang out with us for a little bit? Would you like that?" He asked.
I nodded and sat down a few feet away from him.

I watched the boring basketball game and halfway through, Ellis grabbed me and put me in a painful wrestling move. I winced and tried to get out, which only made it hurt more.
"Get off, Ellis!" I exclaimed.
"No. Stop being such a baby." He said and laughed along with all of his friends.
He tightened his grip and I shrieked in pain.
"Let go!" I cried.
He didn't let go and I started tearing up.
"Please, just let go, Ellis." I begged.
He tightened his grip even more and I started screaming.
Tears started coming down my face and Ellis let me go.
I got up and ran to Jonas' room because its the only other part of the house that's furthest away from Ellis and his friends.