Five - Sang

"Wil?"

I groaned at my own stupidity. He can't hear you, pridurok (idiot).

I signed to Wil, "What are you doing here? I thought your dad was..." I stopped signing, not wanting to bring up memories of his bastard father.

He smiled sadly at the reminder. "He's not a problem at the moment. Phil came and told me that you were back. I knew you'd end up at Uncle's somehow." He'd perked up once he started talking about Phil. I grinned as he opened his arms for a hug, which I stepped into easily.

Inhaling his familiar chamomile scent, I indulged in the warmth he emanated. I'd missed Wil while I was in Russia, I'd known him even before he lost his hearing. In fact, I was the one that taught him sign. He was one of my closest friends in America.

"He missed you. He was either in here or at the hospital every couple weeks asking about how your mission was going." Uncle sent us a smile. I pulled back and looked to Wil with a smirk. He'd worried about me? Wil rolled his eyes and hid a smile.

Knowing he'd want at least some information, I chose to tell him the bare minimum. What I could. "The mission was somewhat successful. I managed to get info on a lot of the people I was after but it didn't exactly end how it was supposed to." I admitted. Both Uncle and Wil frowned.

"What do you mean, little bird?" Uncle asked, and I stiffened. I'd forgotten that Eli also knew sign language. "I..."

How do you tell someone you consider family that the Russian Mafia might be after you and definitely wants you dead?

Uncle gave me his famous Tailor glare, the one I'd seen East give Luke, while I floundered for ways to avoid the question. "I have to go." I signed, waving goodbye to Wil before darting out of the kitchen. I heard both of their exclamations of surprise and hoped that I'd caught them so off guard they wouldn't think to immediately chase after me.

"Sang? What's going-" I cut Nathan off from his question as I grabbed his arm and rushed with him towards the front door.

"West! If you're coming, come. If you're staying, stay. But we're leaving now!" I called over my shoulder as I drug Nathan behind me. His tall stature and defined muscles were a sight for sore eyes but they made him a heavy ublyudok (bastard). Still, I could imagine all that weight pressed firmly against my body as he...

Focus, Sang!

Right. I could think about Nathan's firm body later. And North's. And Luke's. And Gabriel's. Maybe altogether. Who knows?

Nathan finally caught onto the fact that I was in a hurry and jogged along with my hasty exit. North caught up to us and lead us to a black jeep, opening the door and letting me slide in as he moved around the car and got in the driver's seat. Nathan just managed to shut the back door before South was off like a letuchaya mysh' iz ada (bat out of hell).

"Why are we in such a hurry? Did something happen?" North yelled, eyes darting to the rearview mirror as he continued to speed through the street. Nathan straightened in his seat and I could actually see his academy training kicking in as he turned his head enough to look like he was talking to North so he could catch a glimpse behind the car.

I snickered. "Nyet. I'm avoiding Uncle. He wants answers I can't give him." The car screeched to a halt as both boys looked first at each other and then at me. North was glaring and Nathan's jaw was dropped.

"You can't fucking worry us like that! We thought someone was after you!" North boomed, glaring at me.

"Peanut, why are you avoiding Uncle? What question can't you answer?" I raised an eyebrow both at Nathan's question and the nickname.