21 The trip - Blue

"Here." I place my bag in Carter's hands and he carries it over to the car.

I didn't pack a lot of things for this trip. Next to my two swimsuits, an extra outfit, including a sundress and my payamas, I also placed a red dress because Hailey insisted we go out to a club there. I agreed to a dress, but immediately said no to heels.

"Can we go now?" Luke asks from the car, resting his hands on the steering wheel.

"I made sandwiches." I walk over to their car and give Luke the bag.

"Thanks, mom." Mel chuckles from the passenger's seat.

"Repeat that when your stomach starts to grumble." I say and he just shakes his head, placing the bag in his lap.

With the other plastic bag, I walk over to Hailey's car and enter the backseat.

"We can move now?" Hailey asks.

"Yes." I answer, making myself comfortable. "Too bad Dave won't be going."

Dave caught a flu and decided not to come with us.

"Yeah. I'd rather have him than Dylan." Sarah mutters from beside me.

"What's so wrong with him?"

"Nothing much. But he has a habit of being a dick. He will do things and say things to make himself look good, while embarassing others." She says.

"Like that situation with Dave?" I ask, remembering how Dylan pretended to flirt with his girl.

"Yes, exactly." She confirms.

The ride goes by fast. The girls and I chat about everything possible. It's still incredible to me just how fast I adjusted to them, and how fast they accepted me. I am constantly asking myself if I'm intruding and I'll probably keep on wondering that until the end of summer. But I've been having more fun than ever, and feel extremely comfortable with this group.

"This is it." Hailey points to a small building with a smile on her face.

The building is a bright blue color, it's balconies sticking out on the street. It looks warm and cozy. We all get out of the cars and take our bags, proceeding to the reception. The inside is just as pretty as the outside, with subtle yet intriguing decorations that connect the outside to the inside, making it feel more open.

"Hello." I say as I glide my hand over the crystal white pult. I succeed in getting the attention of a dark haired receptionist, who smiles at me when she notices us.

"Hello and welcome." She greets us, her hospitality making me smile. "Do you have a reservation?"

"Yes. Four rooms on Katherine Banner?"

"Ah, yes. Two rooms for two?" She looks up at me and I nod, waiting for her to continue. "And two rooms for three?"

I nod and she seems happy with that as she types something in her computer. She lifts her head and grabs a binder from the side.

"Can I please have your documents?"

The rooms are wide, although I did not expect them to be. The one I'm in has a king sized bed and one single bed. The bathroom has a tall shower and beautiful light blue tiles. I walk out on the balcony and feel immediate happiness when I see the shore from where I'm standing. I place my stuff near the single bed and take note of the look that Carter sends me. He still doesn't know I know of him and Sarah, but I don't want to be the one to tell him, so I look away and start unpacking.

"You really couldn't be more subtle, sugar?" I hear Carter's chuckle and look up to see him sitting on the large bed.

"About what?" I take out my payamas and fold them back on the bed.