32 Commitment

Hailey sets multiple dresses in front of me on my bed, raising an eyebrow.

"Hmm." I put my finger to my lips and eye each one. They're all pretty but neither of them is my kind of style, so I have to think what Hailey is like and what her style is like.

"This one." I grab a white and blue dress, lifting it up. I wish it was longer but Hailey seems fine with it as she grabs it from my hands.

"I think I'll just go in sneakers." She says as she takes off her shirt.

"Why? You're going to a restaurant. You gotta be fancy for one night, Hails." I tell her and she shrugs.

"I used to get ready for our dates, but everytime I try to be fancy as you said, I would get nervous and frustrated and eventually Luke banned me from getting ready for him. He said it is pointless. I still kind of get ready, he just doesn't know that." She shrugs innocently, looping her hands through the sleeves.

"That's cute." I say, commenting both the dress and what she has said. She nods happily and grabs her hair, pushing it in front of her shoulders while inspecting herself in the mirror.

"God, it smells so good!" She sniffs the air around her. "The boys must be doing a good job."

I chuckle at her. I wasn't feeling like making lunch today so Luke and Carter offered to make one themselves. I was skeptic at first, but I am excited to see how their meal will turn out.

"I did leave them instructions. Hopefully I didn't miss any details." I say. I gave boys all my cooking advice and little tips and tricks before they started.

"They'll be fine." Hailey waves her hand. "Luke can make pasta."

"Great. He needs that knowledge." I say sarcastically and my cousin flips me the middle finger.

Just as Hailey starts discussing her hair and whether she should tie it or not, the sound of our front door opening and closing echoes through the apartment. Luke lets out a loud howl and the sound of hand clapping follows after that. Hailey stops talking and looks at me straight in the eyes.

"When are you leaving?" Luke's voice sounds questioning.

"Now." The response is simple, but enough to make me lift my hand and start rubbing my temples.

"Came to say goodbye?" Carter joins in and I can literally her the smiling in his voice.

"Yeah. And you got my charger, right?"

A male scream is heard before someone rushes around the place and a string of curses is heard.

"Kat!" Carter's voice stirs me from my partially calm position. "I messed up! Kat!"

I groan and stand up, practically against my own will. As I walk outside, into our living room, I spot Carter and Luke both gathered in our kitchen.

"You asshole! It says half! Not full!" Luke scolds his partner while Carter snatches the handle of a ladle and stirs the mixture. I don't even know what he's using that for so he must've done plenty of things wrong.

I stride through the living room to where the two boys are standing. Wes's back is turned to me, but he spins around as soon as my footsteps become closer. His eyes slightly widen as he follows every step that I take. The discomfort is clear in his face expression and I briefly meet his eye before looking away, instead focusing on the chaos happening inside the kitchen.

"Gee, thanks Luke! The problem must be that I can't read!" Carter spats, his sarcasm evident.

"Okay, okay, move." I order and they separate, continuing to glare at each other, throwing an insult here and there.