Meeks: Formal 1/2

Meeks POV

I glance back over to her, she is too focused on her book to notice. She is so beautiful, I thought as I looked at her. We met the first day of school, and almost immediately became friends.

'Hey Meeks has anyone ever told you staring is impolite?' Charlie quietly told him.

I quickly look back down at my books as I can feel my cheeks heat up.

'Meeks, just ask her to the formal already', Knox says to me.

'Just ask Chris already', I snap back at him, to which he puts his hands up in defense. 'Alright, I got it. But still you should ask her before someone else asks her.'

'She'd never go with me', I say sadly, 'and besides, Captain would kill me if he heard I went out with his daughter.'

As if on cue, Mr Keating entered the study hall, 'You ready for tea, dear?' to which she looked up, smiled that beautiful bright smile, gathered her things and followed her father.

I sigh as I glance over to her one last time before turning back to my homework.

Your POV

you walked into the small cafe, it looked cozy. You sat down in a comfortable looking couch and both ordered Earl Grey tea and relaxed.

'So, tell me', your dad began as he sipped his tea, 'has anyone caught your eye yet in school.'

'Dad!?' You exclaim, feeling your cheeks get hotter.

'I was just wondering if a certain boy has already attempted to steal my daughter away from me yet to take her to the school's formal.'

You knew who he mean and shrugged sadly, 'He hasn't even brought up the formal yet. I doubt he even sees me in that way.'

Your dad patted you on the shoulder, 'Don't worry about it, I'm sure he will.'

'I doubt it', you say sadly, while continuing to drink you tea, 'Meeks wouldn't like me in that way.'

A while later you went back to your room immediately after arriving back at the school. You closed the door behind you before letting yourself fall down onto your bed. A knock on the door snapped you out of your thoughts. 'Come in.'

'Hey', a familiar voice spoke, causing you to sit up, 'I got that.. uh.. book you wanted to borrow.'

'Thanks', I say softly as he handed it to me.

'Just.. uh... give me back whenever you're done', he says hastily before turning around to leave. You noticed him looking more nervous than usual.

'Wait', you call after him causing him to stop, 'You're leaving already?'

'I-uh have to help Charlie with Latin', he stammered before quickly taking his leave.

You opened the book he'd given you and on the first page you found a note:

'Dearest (Y/N),

I've liked you for a while

Would you please go to the ball with me?

If you don't want to I'll understand

but I just wanted you to know that I really like you.

I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner,

but I didn't want to ruin our friendship

Meeks'

A smile grew on your face as you read the note. You put it down on your desk as you ran out your bedroom and ran in the direction he'd gone.

You caught up with him not far from your dorm.

'Meeks, wait up!' to which he stopped dead in his tracks and turned around to up with a nervous look on his face.

'I'd love to go with you.'

He smiled brightly at you. You kissed his cheek before walking to return to your dorm.