Meeks: Formal 2/2

It was the night of the formal as you sat in front of your mirror. You did the last couple of touch ups to your hair before putting on your dress. It was a long blue dress; short off the shoulder sleeves, a thin blue belt and a lace, flowery motif. Lastly you put on dark blue flats, as you didn't enjoy wearing heels that much.

Just as you look at yourself in the full length mirror, someone knocked on your door.

That should be Meeks, you thought to yourself as you walked to the door.

You open it to see none other than Steven Meeks, stand in front of you. He looks rather handsome in the suit he was wearing. As he looked at you, you could see his cheeks get redder as his eyes widened. 'Wauw', he breathed, '(Y/N), you look stunning.'

You blush at this and smiled, 'Thank you, you look very handsome as well.'

He stretches his hand out to you, 'Shall we?' You laugh and take his hand, 'We shall.'

It didn't take long until you both arrived in front of the chapel where the formal was held.

'Hey guys', you say to the group of dead poets all wearing tuxedos. Knox somehow got Chris to agree to be his date; Charlie has his arm looped around Virginia Danburry, whom is now his girlfriend; and Todd and Neil, who didn't have dates, hung out together.

All of us walk into the chapel. Knox and Charlie took their dates and moved to the dance floor almost immediately as Meeks and I were followed by Neil and his 'date' to one of the tables with snacks.

For the first while into the formal, you just talked about whatever, like you always do, until the melody of a slow song filled your ears. You could see multiple couples on the dancefloor slowdancing to the music. Meeks reached his hand out to you and you took it, leading you to the floor.

His hands around your waist and yours on his shoulders, you swayed together. Eventually you laid your head on his shoulder as he held you closer to him. The song ended, and you pulled apart slightly. You lifted your head up from his shoulder and found him smiling down at you, as you were a bit shorter than him. Though a bit hesitant, Meeks started to lean in, closing the gap between you, you did the same. Your lips met and it felt like everything around you disappeared. His arms tightened around you waist, pulling you to him as you wrapped yours around his neck, deepening the kiss.

After a while you both had to pull away for air. You smiled up at him, happy that the boy you loved kissed you. He leans his forehead against mine, '(Y/N)' he says softly.

'Hmm?'

'Will you be my girlfriend?'

You smiled and leaned up, pecking his lips again, 'And here I thought it would've been obvious by now', You pecked him again, 'Yes.' His smile brightened, as we started to dance to the music again.