Neil: Gone 1/2

it was late; just before curfew, Todd was in the studygroup while Neil went to bed early since he was exhausted from a day of practise. Being Mr. Keatings daughter you were allowed to stay at Welton for the times you were free from school, since it was out of state, to be with our father. while at Welton, you'd been able to become friends with a few of the boys, they had evenallowed you into their club, the dead poets society. as you walked into the hall leading you to Neils room. you remembered one of the events that resulted in Neil Perry being very close to your heart:

*flashback*

you were wearing your white A-line dress when you arrived at Welton to stay with your dad for a long weekend. when you came in, you were greeted by the one and only Neil Perry. when he saw you, he smiled widely. 'Well hello there, don't you look like a daydream today.' he winked at you, making you blush madly.

*end of flashback*

and that is the dress you are wearing today also. as you entered Neil's room, you saw Neil sound asleep. but in the corner of your eye you also saw something else, on neils desk there was Puck's crown; it was made of twigs and berries. you put it on your head with a smile as you remembered:

*flashback*

...and because they made it double they told me I could keep this one' you laughed as Neil finished his story. Suddenly Neil just looked at the crown, then back at you and placed it on your head. he laughed at the sight of you wearing his crown. 'It suits you, it makes you look like even more of a princess.' you smiled, looking away.

*end of flashback*

you sat down on the side of neils bed, you stroked his cheek, not wanting to scare him awake. he groaned as he opened his eyes slightly. he looked at you and wrapped his arms around your waist as if to cuddle you.'5 more minutes' he mumbled. you smiled lightly: 'i can't, i have to go now.' neils eyes fully opened as he sat up, leaning his forehead against yours. 'What are you talking about, love? you stay with me, you promised, remember?'

'uhh?' what is he talking about? does he think this is some kind of... dream?

before you could say anything else, neil pecked you lips, leaving you stunned. you looked dreamingly at him, he smiled and leaned in again. this time you kissed back, it didn't matter that it was a dream to him, you loved him and wanted to show him that. you put your hand on his cheek as he took hold of the other; but then he pulled away and frowned. 'Why aren't you wearing your ring?' ring?

'uhh', you stumbled for a second, following neils dream, as you thought it may be easier to say goodbye that way. 'I put it back for a minute, i think it would probably fall right off of me.'

neil smiled jokingly at you: 'nonsense, darling' with that he leaned over to his bedside table and took out what looked like a little box. he opened the box to reveal a beautiful ring. your eyes widened immediately as Neil took ahold of your left hand and put the ring on you. you opened your mouth, trying to say something, but you only closed it again. while you looked down at your hand, neil kissed your forehead and pulled you down with him, cuddling you. knowing it was time you left, you put your arms around him one last time. 'Go to sleep', you told him. 'you need to wake up' apparently not completely realising how strange that sounded, he kissed you one last time and closed his eyes. when you were sure he was asleep, he pulled his arms away from you and got up. the tears falling that you had tried to hold back the while time as you put the crown of twigs back on the desk.