xv ; focus

sooyoung's phone kept ringing with the angry girl constantly declining the call. she starts to get annoyed as she finally can't handle the loud noise, accepting the call. "what?" she says, half asleep.

"sooyoung, yerim's court hearing is today. you need to show all of the evidence you've found so far!!" joohyun yelled over the phone.

sooyoung immediately sat up from her head, carefully making sure that she wasn't loud enough to wake up the sleeping yerim next to her. "what?! i-i don't have enough evidence and... i'm not ready..."

"sooyoung, it's only the first hearing. we can find a bunch of new evidence after this ends. for now, keep yerim safe. go to the court hearing and tell them everything you've found so far."

"i'm sorry for slacking off, unnie. i'm also really sorry for being mean to you.."

"sooyoung... that was quite abrupt... are you okay?"

"yeah, it's just that yerim... taught me that.."

"tell her i said thank you. she must be a great girl to you," joohyun forced herself to say. "just... just get dressed and go there now. it starts in a few hours."

"i got it. thanks unnie," sooyoung said as she watched joohyun end the call. she carefully made her way out of the bed and tucked yerim into the bed more. she then took a shower and changed clothes into her work-formal attire. her long black hair shines as her black suit compliments it. finally, she sees that yerim is still asleep, so she writes a quick note.

"yerimie, your court hearing is today. i think that it's best that you don't go. just trust me, okay? i won't be that bad there, i promise. i'll do everything to make sure you're safe. i would do anything to make sure those idiots see the truth. just stay here. there's tons of meat and ramyun i know you like here. also, please play with your phone. please enjoy that. please be happy," sooyoung wrote onto a sticky note, unable to think of a conclusion sentence to wrap up her ideas.

"unnie, what's going on?" a sleepy yerim asked sooyoung as she sat up from the bed and started to wipe her teary eyes.

"i have to go to your court hearing," sooyoung said as she walked over to yerim and gave her the note. "i really love you, yerim. i'll make sure to use the evidence we've found to it's best abilities. i'll make sure to prove those jerks wrong."

yerim quietly read the note, surprised that such a sweet and genuine note came from the seemingly scary older girl. "i believe you, unnie. i wouldn't want anyone else to be my lawyer," yerim said with her famous smile, causing sooyoung to smile as well and pull yerim into a hug. "i love you."

"i'll do good there, i promise," sooyoung whispered into yerim's ears as she started to caress the girl's soft brown hair.

the two girls let go of each other as sooyoung started to pack up, "i'll be going now. see you later," she awkwardly said, then left the house.

upon arriving at the court room, the various people watching made strange looks at the girl, in which she would thrust her body to scare them. the same judge from the past entered, making sooyoung upset as she remembered just how obnoxious the woman was.

"what evidence do you have, if you have any at all?" she asked with a sarcastic tone, almost making fun of sooyoung.

sooyoung walked over to the screen placed in the court, "as you can see in evidence a that i have submitted, kim yerim is seen in this video leaving the store. after she leaves, the video starts to glitch and then yerim disappears. the video was altered in some way, yet the police neglected to even consider this. when looking at evidence b, the video of the back of the store shows that a person in a black hoodie stabs kang seulgi, but is that yerim? no. it cannot be. there is no possible way she would have been able to change in such a time. the time stamp here is 3:05pm. she left the store at exactly 3:04pm. now, does that make sense? that she leaves the store and would edit the video in a way that makes her look like the killer? i don't think so."

sooyoung bit her bottom lip as she got ready to submit her final piece of evidence. "lee hoon. the name sounds so unfamiliar, yet he has been a prime juvenile delinquent in our society today. evidence c shows that he was in fact part of this murder. he had followed yerim out of the library, moments before she went into the store. you can see that yerim had bought these books, and here's the recipt," sooyoung pointed to the screen. "lee hoon confessed that he in fact had taken part in this murder. here's evidence d, lee hoon's confession."

"yeah, i helped murder seulgi. she was such a hot girl, struggled a lot. it was so hard to keep her down. but yeah, i followed yerim from the library. i went inside of the store and started to flirt with her. i made her leave her books behind and i took them. i took her books home after that. i watched the murder happen afterwards when i went to the back," the video showed, including hoon's face and disgusting facial expressions. 

"that's all. i am still looking for evidence," sooyoung confidently said as she turned the screen off and faced the judge.

the judge's face changed as she was quite impressed with the younger lawyer, "that's great. but, new evidence doesn't prove any use to you. focus on the old evidence that shows just how corrupt this system is."

——
hi again

thank you for 1k reads !! it really means a lot to me and all of the comments really put me in a good mood haha

but

... y'all want smut?

even if i write it, it's gonna be lame bc i've never written it before and i'm not into that stuff but i lowkey want to include it ? idk man