xxxi ; care

sooyoung and yerim drove to the office of the svu, special victims unit, where they could see if they could receive more evidence that had been connected to hoon and his suicide.

"hi, my name's park sooyoung. i'm the lawyer for kim yerim, her," she said as she pointed her hand towards the girl next to her. "she's being accused of murder, but didn't actually do it. we thought that hoon was part of it... is there anything that could help us?"

"actually, yes, we found that a girl had came into his house a few days before the event to talk to him. her name was um, soyeon. she was the same girl on the polaroids and she owned the ring. we went to her house and asked her about him, but she only said that she broke up with him. it doesn't seem like much of an issue.. but, we think that there's something fishy about this."

"alright, thank you so much," sooyoung said as she grabbed onto yerim's hand and led the both of them out of the building and into her car. "i- i couldn't take that."

"i couldn't either. it just seemed so wrong, right?" yerim agreed.

"right. now that we know soyeon owned the ring, all we have to do is connect that bitch to hoon... and i know exactly how."

the three lawyers were all very upset and stressed as they needed to put the case together for the court the next day. sooyoung kept brushing her hair out of her face every couple of seconds as yerim watched her with eyes full of worry. seungwan invited her friend jihyo, another lawyer, to help her as she knew that joohyun would be with seulgi. as she was. joohyun was typing at the speed of light while seulgi calmly put her arms atop the girl's body.

"got it! i'm ready for tomorrow!" sooyoung finally said, bursting out of her seat and making the other girls flinch.

"i'm-i'm done too!!!" joohyun also yelled, jumping up and down as seulgi joined her with excitement.

"i'm... done now!!" seungwan added, smiling as jihyo smiled back at her.

"we're going to go on a date now," yerim said as she held onto sooyoung's hand as she dragged the girl out of the building. "bye!! see you tomorrow!"

"see you tomorrow!" sooyoung said as she waved goodbye to the other girls.

yerim was anxiously skipping towards sooyoung's car when the latter had stopped her. "yah, it's so cold out, at least wear this," sooyoung said as she took the scarf she was wearing off of her neck and placed it onto yerim's, watching the younger girl's eyes glitter.

yerim smiled and began to blush under the scarf's warmth. she was never the type to show her emotions, yet she felt that she had shown so much to sooyoung.

they soon arrived at the fancy restaurant sooyoung had properly arranged for just the both of them. they were both happy as they loved the food and each other so much. sooyoung kept stuffing her cheeks as she would casually take some of the meat off of yerim's plate. "if you wanted to eat meat so much, then why didn't you order it yourself?" yerim joked around.

"so i could say that i stole my girlfriend's food. plus we're sharing! isn't that so cute?" sooyoung said with a laugh as she put on a bit of aegyo.

they were now standing outside of the restaurant after they had finished their meal, faced by the rain that was harshly pouring down on the midnight scene. the two said nothing while sooyoung placed the scarf atop of yerim's head. "what about you, 'youngie?" yerim said with a laugh, yet was very concerned about the older girl.

"'youngie'? what even?" sooyoung laughed, "i'm fine with getting wet. i just don't want you to get sick. seems reasonable, right?"

"if you say so," yerim said as she softly blushed. "so we're gonna run to your car, right?"

sooyoung nodded as she listened to yerim's soft voice count down from 3 to 1. in an instant, the both of them ran to the older's car. yerim was holding tightly onto the scarf covering her head while sooyoung held onto her girlfriend's arms as if her life had depended on it.

when they finally got in, yerim couldn't help but notice how wet the older's hair had become. "...i'm sorry... i know how much you care about how you look..."

"it's fine, really. it's fine because i'm with you," sooyoung sneakily added with a small wink as the two made eye contact with each other.

sooyoung looked away and began to bite her lips in nervousness and embarrassment when she saw that yerim had gotten quiet from the simple comment she had just said.

"park sooyoung, you're under arrest!" yerim yelled, making the latter flinch. "for stealing my heart! put your hands up!"

"yerim what—"

"put them up!!" yerim yelled again with a laugh as she made a gun out of her fingers.

sooyoung put her hands up, surprised that she found yerim diving in and hugging her body as soon as she obeyed the latter's command. for a few seconds, she was dazed and confused, but eventually found herself hugging the younger girl back.

"i love you, unnie... i've made so many mistakes in my life... and you aren't one of them. thank you for caring about me even if i'm stubborn..."

"yerim, it's okay, seriously," sooyoung said with a bubbly voice and smile.

"but... but what if i'm not found innocent? what if the jury thinks i did it anyways? what if i get imprisoned... and you'll never see me again?" yerim said as tears began to fall down her cheeks. she tightened her grip on sooyoung's body, almost pulling the girl's clothes.

"hey, don't think about that. we have more than enough evidence saying that you didn't do it," sooyoung calmed the girl down as she ran her fingers down the younger's soft hair.

"just... just what if... what if i'm found guilty? you'll visit me, right?"

"you won't be found guilty."

"thanks... i hope that you're right... did you find anything on soyeon by the way? just wondering."

"oh yeah. i found out that she's a judge.. i mean no one can run away from the law, right? so it was easy to find her after i put her name in the police's database. anyways, yeah, she's a judge. that's just what she does i guess."

———
sorry this chapter's so messy and annoying overall

BUT yerim's trial and court stuff is tomorrow :)

idk if i can write it in a day so it might take a while to get published lol idk

but anyways at the end, the jury (you all!) are going to decide if yerim is innocent or guilty. y'all better say she's innocent 😤