xxiii ; finding seulgi

the four girls had burst into the eploxica building with a full team of their trusted police friends from the station. they had obtained the warrant to do the search as it was extremely suspicious.

joohyun and seungwan went upstairs with half of the police while yerim and sooyoung went to the large basement with the other half.

as soon as they had entered the dark underground floor, the police had already concluded something. "they ran away," one said.

"don't you see? this was a brothel. a sex club," one pointed out, shining his flashlight at the disgusting decorations of purple and beaded curtains.

yerim was filled with disgust as sooyoung continued to walk around. yerim could barely take being at the building alone as all of her memories came back to her. the fact that she had come into an illegal brothel for sex while she had raped her girlfriend just.. haunted her.

alas, she found something interesting. there was an oddly large blanket atop of a big object. yerim tore off the blanket, revealing a shiny metal cage. "un-unnie..."

"hm?" sooyoung mumbled as she walked over to yerim, not expecting to find a cage.

yerim's tears began to shortly fall down as she kneeled down to pick up a ring. "unnie... this was her ring... this was her fucking ring... she left it here for me. she's fucking alive, unnie! what are those bitches doing to her??" she cried, making sooyoung feel the need to hug and comfort her.

"don't worry, yerimie. we'll get them."

"so," an officer started to say in the station. "we'll run this is our office of prostitution cases. they can find where these people ran to. for now, i hope that your friend's okay."

the man walked away, leaving the two girls alone. joohyun and seungwan were still searching the building for any clues, while the other two girls felt the need to let yerim rest. tears had been making her face swell and her shoulders couldn't stay still. "what did... what did they do to her?"

"if i get in any trouble, you'll save me, right?" seulgi told yerim as they played in the playground as older teenagers.

"of course i will. how about you? you'll save me too, right unnie?"

"hm, i don't know. you'll give me $10 afterwards right?"

"unnie!!" yerim said, slapping seulgi's shoulders.

"i'll save you, of course!! i wouldn't be able to live with myself if you got hurt."

"so um..." yerim started, wondering if she would continue her sentence, "how's your girlfriend?"

"she's okay. a bit scary, but okay."

"that's good..."

when yerim came back to reality, she realized that sooyoung had placed her arm around her shoulder. yerim instantly laid back into the girl's soft arms. "are you okay?" sooyoung asked.

"no... but i'm fine now because you're here."

"yah! stop being so cheesy!"

"miss park sooyoung?" an officer asked.

"ah, me," sooyoung said, offering yerim her wounded hand as a gesture to walk with her. yerim grabbed onto the older's arm instead, now interlocking arms with a large smile on both of their faces.

the two were now sitting in seats in front of the officer in charge of cases with illegal acts of prostitution. "i searched 'eploxica' through our database. guess what? it came up. here it is," she said, turning the screen to let the girls see. it had a large 'eploxica' title with gold and money everywhere, as well as girls. there was no sign of seulgi. "it's at a hotel basement. good luck, you two."

"unnie. i want to go there. right now. i want to confront these bitches," yerim said as her anger boiled.

"yerim, as much as i love fighting jerks like that.. i just can't. my arms are still hurting and i can barely move my wrists..." sooyoung explained, showing the girl her red bruises.

"we can bring people again... those police people... i don't care who... i just want... my seulgi unnie.."