Chapter 7

The scene surrounding Greg is one of complete disarray. The elves have broken their silence and are currently whining to each other about what they now know. It's easy to see that they're not at all excited about the idea of tracking down a mass murderer.

Greg tries to think rationally. This man has Santa's sleigh, a means for absolute genocide. None of the humans have anything to combat this with or any way to stop him. As these thoughts go through his head he wonders if he should stop thinking rationally and join the others in distress.

He tries to shrug off these thoughts as angry ones move in. This man is doing to families around the country what he did to Santa and Gordon. He has Santa's sleigh; he won't stop after the West Coast. He'll just keep going until he murders families around the world. He has to be stopped, and Greg's task force is the only thing that can do that.

Greg stands up and looks at his men. He knows he has to say something to convince them to keep going. They need to hear some words that prove their mission is worth it. Still, he doesn't yet know what to say.

He digs deep into his heart to come up with anything that might be inspirational. Words start pouring out of his mouth, and he hopes they serve their purpose. "We're faced with a tragedy, men. Future generations will look back on this as the bloodiest fucking Christmas in history. The reindeer and sleigh of the most powerful man on Earth are now arming a psychopath. He's not going to quit. He's not going to just give up. He's here to murder families all around the world."

Greg knows at this point he's going nowhere with his speech. The elves are not getting any added confidence by hearing again what is going on. He tries to steer his words in the direction of inspiration.

"This man has put the whole world on the 'Naughty' list, and right now he's delivering the coal of death. Well guess what. I saw my best friend die because this guy killed him. He's on my 'Naughty' list now."

Good thing I'm crazy Greg thinks as he realizes none of this makes sense yet. He keeps going toward his conclusion.

"I need your help, boys. I can't take on a serial killer alone. I assembled you guys because you're the right ones for the job. The job looks scarier now, but it's still the same job. Let's do it."

Reluctantly, the elves get up to join Greg. They still fear death, but they know now what has to be done. They promise to help Greg track down and kill the murderer.

Stopping at the hunting store, the elves grab some rifles and  swords to help them out. Brick and Bailey toss their clubs aside as the clerk hands them their swords. All seven men are ready now as they head toward Santa's back-up, engine-powered sleigh to make their way to America.