Rocky Blue

It wasn't really fun trying to convince the principal of Waterford High, a middle aged man with greying specks all over his black hair named Mr. Duncan, that the school wasn't being terrorized by an out-of-control teenager from the other side of town, but Reece managed to calm the school authorities down when he assured that there was nothing serious that went down earlier. Not before a warning for himself though.

"Next time, Mr. Alexander, do make sure you don't have any other friends that have a habit of coming into school properties uninvited to make a mess like some rabid hound. I swear, manners these days..." Mr. Duncan said, a disapproving frown still lingering on his wrinkled face. His nose was a bit too big so it was a bit distracting to see it moving up every time his face changes.

By then Reece wasn't sure if that look was for him or Halley. "Don't worry, Mr. Duncan. She was...uh, a special case." That was nicest possible way to describe her that he could think of.

It was enough for Mr. Duncan, who simply nodded and went on his way though not before giving him the stink eye. You know, the look that any adult would give to any teenager, ever.

Well, at least his cheek hasn't started to bruise yet.

Convincing the principal was simple, his friends though were onto him like TMZ when a teen star goes to prison for the first time. As soon as he went through those cafeteria doors again, they all started the interrogation.

"Who the hell was that crazy bitch?"

"What did she want from you? Money or something?"

"Are you okay? Did she hurt you?"

"Is that crazy chick from Eastview High?"

"So, is that hottie taken or..." Toby drifted off, avoiding eye contact as everybody stared at him. Well, somebody got their priorities straight.

Reece sighed, holding his hands up in defeat before anybody else asked more questions. At this rate, they'd follow him around until the end of the day and continue the interrogation tomorrow.

"Her name is Halley," he started as he picked up the hotdog that he didn't manage to finish earlier. "No, she didn't want money from me and no, she didn't hurt me-"

"You realize your cheek is almost blue right?" Mara pointed out. "And there's shoe prints on your shirt."

Reece ignored her and went on. "Yes, she's from Eastview and..." he looked at Toby, "You need to make better choices, dude."

Toby shrugged his shoulders, it didn't look he cared that much.

Toby Gardner was a self-proclaimed player, despite having the name of a 40 year-old virgin. His light brown hair was usually styled to look 'unintentionally messy' and his face was so sharp that he could probably slice cucumbers on it, but his cool act would usually melt off the moment a pretty girl responded so basically everybody got turned off once the conversation started off.

"I mean, she's hot-"

"And she'll rip your face off, just saying."

"Reece," Claire was still patting a white cloth on her clothes, which reeked of orange syrup. Her expression was unreadable but there was something about her tone that made everyone take a step back. "Just so you know, if I meet your little friend again, I'll cut that bitch."

"... oh boy."
-----------------------------------------------------------------

The text from Halley came after an eternity of restlessness. Reece had crashed onto the old, blue couch in his living room as soon as he got home and he barely moved ever since. Seeing how strongly she felt about it, you would have thought that she'd be rushing to set a time and place. But when Reece texted her first, well, the only thing she was in danger of was diabetes.